Posted On: 2020-01-06
Closing On: 2020-01-31
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Senior Coordinator, Events (21-month contract)
Are you who we’re looking for?
Are you a creative problem-solver? Intuitive? Hard working? Tons of energy and enthusiasm? Incredibly organized? A ‘roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-it-done’ type of person?
Can you juggle multiple tasks but still find time to ‘think about the bigger picture and what your role does to support that picture’? Do you wake up in the morning wanting to make a difference? Are you passionate about health care philanthropy, events and people? If you said yes to these, North York General Foundation wants you.
About North York General Foundation
Constantly redefining what it means to be a ‘community hospital’, North York General is a care-hub for our diverse community, an incubator for applied research, an innovation spring board in the health care landscape and destination for philanthropy.
At North York General Foundation, our team of creative and dedicated professionals supports raising and stewarding funds for our incredible hospital. Building on the unprecedented success to-date of our $180M Campaign for North York General, we are driving towards the future, planning and investing in programs and infrastructure that will transform how our hospital delivers exceptional care to our growing community.
Reporting to the Director of Donor Relations & Events, the Senior Coordinator, Events is the administrative and logistical lead for the Foundation’s signature events, as well as for assisting with the planning, facilitating and execution of these events. Occasionally, this position will also support the execution of high-level Third-Party Events and cultivation/stewardship events. This position will focus on event logistics and guest experience, volunteer management, budget tracking, vendor coordination, sponsorship tracking and stewardship. The Senior Coordinator has direct responsibility for the utilization of Raiser’s Edge for event data entry, integrity and management.
- All aspects of event management - logistics (venue, audiovisual, food and beverage, vendor management, furniture rentals, décor, room layout and set-up) planning, permit and raffle license rules and application process, critical path management, sponsorship and financial tracking, community volunteer recruitment, orientation and management, committee support, sponsor recognition, and data tracking
- Creating and/or following a critical path and check lists for each event; possibly in coordination with an event consultant
- Provides administrative support to event committees included but not limited to: bookings, minute taking, relevant follow up
- Works closely with the fundraising team to support generating sponsorship revenue and personally secure gift-in-kind contributions
- Prepares sponsorship material for solicitation, briefing notes for staff and volunteers
- Assists in developing the partner recognition agreements that accurately represent the scope of our partnerships, prepares event commitment form packages and thank you letters
- Assists with day to day account management of sponsors
- Ensures the delivery of all sponsor benefits and fulfills agreement promises
- Works closely with the Marketing and Communications team to ensure event promotion content for both traditional and social media
- Maintains sponsorship pipeline information in CRM database (Raiser’s Edge), actions next steps, generates and analyzes reports for event review
- Utilizes the Raiser’s Edge Event module for overall event tracking
- Manages database administration which includes inputting information, extracting data via query or report, updating personal and team actions, generating mailing lists and actively contributing to the moves management culture
- Assists with the execution of post-event stewardship strategies
- Offers support for other Foundation events that may include non-revenue generating events, donor recognition events and strategic Third-Party endeavours
Qualifications and Skills required:
- University degree and/or Post Graduate Event Management Certification or equivalent combination of education and work experience in related area
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated success in all elements of special event planning and execution
- Experience within a not-for-profit organization an asset
- Experience supporting senior leadership volunteers an asset
- Ability to customize work through In Design, Illustrator and Photoshop an asset
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge (user experience in event module an asset)
- Demonstrated excellence in writing (on behalf of the foundation and volunteers)
- Exceptional ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, within a multi-disciplinary team
To apply for this role please forward your CV and Cover Letter to FoundationCareers@nygh.on.ca by January 20, 2020. Please reference Senior Coordinator, Events in the subject line.