Development Officer (2 year contract)
WYCLIFFE COLLEGE at the University of Toronto
Located at the heart of the University of Toronto, Wycliffe College faithfully serves the educational mission of the Christian Church by preparing men and women for vocational and lay ministry, through excellence in theological scholarship and spiritual formation.
Wycliffe College is seeking to fill the position of Development Officer. Reporting to the Development & Communications Manager, the Development Officer is responsible for prospecting, stewarding, and nurturing mid-level and major gift donors in order to meet financial and relational goals within the Development department at Wycliffe College. Additionally, the Development Officer is responsible to provide writing support for key Development initiatives.
- Build & manage a portfolio of mid-level and major donors (individuals, churches, foundations) providing exceptional donorstewardship to enable meaningful and long-term engagement with Wycliffe College.
- Working with staff and volunteers, provide overallcampaign management including strategy, planning, prospect research & solicitation, scheduling, task assignments, and maintenance of campaign components.
- In collaboration with the Development team, develop and implement strategies forcultivation, solicitation, and retention of donors.
- upport the work of the Development Committee by assisting Trustees, volunteers, and senior staff in playing an effective role in donor prospecting, cultivation, and solicitation.
- Build and grow a robust ‘prospect to major gift donor’ pipeline, and facilitate active movement within it to achieve revenue goals.
- Work with the Development and Communications teams towrite compelling and effective cultivation and solicitation materials (appeal letters, brochures, proposals, website copy, presentations, etc.).
- Attend appropriate Wycliffe College events to cultivate current relationships and move new ones into further engagement.
- Actively seek out and participate in strategic opportunities to be involved in the community with the aim of identifying and building relationships withprospective donors and stakeholders.
- Maintain accurate constituentrecords in Raiser’s Edge and use the database for regular reporting and analysis on donor activity and revenue goals.
- Work to the highest standard of ethical practice with maturity, diplomacy, and confidentiality at all times.
- Provide a positive influence throughout the organization by fostering a commitment to teamwork and excellence, contributing to a climate of professionalism, openness, and respect, and exemplifying the Wycliffe College brand and values at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- 6 - 8 years of experience in fundraising/relationship management, with a minimum of 5 years in a major gift fundraising capacity and a demonstrated understanding of planned giving.
- 3 - 5 years of capital campaign experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills with a strong ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Demonstrated ability to interact comfortably, tactfully, professionally, and effectively with a wide range of internal and external constituencies including volunteers, donors, faculty, and staff, and community members inside the Christian community.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and demonstrated success with persuasive writing.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as well as exercise discretion and sound judgement.
- Thorough understanding of the Development cycle, related to prospecting, mid-level, major, and legacy giving.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Christian culture in Canada with cross-denominational experience and application.
- Willingness to work flexible hours including some evenings, weekends, with occasional travel.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to work well both independently and in a team, to achieve goals within prescribed timelines.
- Personal values that match Wycliffe College’s core values.
- Passion for theological education.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Familiarity and comfort working in a Christian setting.
- Training and/or certification in fundraising, project management, marketing/communications an asset.
- CFRE designation preferred.
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and/or Salesforce.
- Development experience in a post-secondary setting preferred.
- Unlimited access to a reliable vehicle and a valid Driver’s License.
- Eligible to work in Canada.
Salary commensurate with experience. Contract is renewable. Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Application deadline: January 31, 2020
Thank you in advance for your application. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. No Phone calls please. Please email your application to email@example.com