Posted On: 2020-01-09
Closing On: 2020-01-23
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
A Career Opportunity
UNICEF is the world’s farthest-reaching humanitarian organization for children. Across 190 countries and territories, and in the world’s toughest places, we work day in and day out to help children survive. To defend their rights. To keep them protected, healthy and educated. To give them a fair chance to fulfil their potential. Our work for every child relies entirely on voluntary support, including donations from generous Canadians.
Manager, Donor Retention
(Permanent; Full-time; based in Toronto)
Reporting to the Director, Monthly Giving, this role is responsible for managing monthly donor retention and donor value maximization for the largest donor segment at UNICEF Canada. This is a new role with a focus on using direct & digital marketing to increase donor engagement, retention and donor value.
The responsibilities of the position will include:
Revenue Generation (45%)
- Create and implement comprehensive strategies to reinforce support for UNICEF by engaging donors and demonstrating the impact of their monthly giving.
- Manage all aspects of multichannel onboarding and ongoing donor journeys including developing & implementing strategies for continuous improvement.
- Develop and execute comprehensive, multichannel strategies that will increase the lifetime value of monthly donors at each stage of the donor journey implementing best practices throughout.
- Lead the upgrade and cross sell strategies through multiple channels including mail, digital, telephone, and SMS.
- Work with internal partners to develop a data driven, one time gift ask strategy.
- Assess and implement best practices provided by UNICEF pledge specialists and other UNICEF National Committees, integrating online and offline channels and payment count triggered communications.
- Work in partnership with Acquisition colleagues to share learning and inform donor profiles for acquisition.
- Develop and monitor save processes in collaboration with Business Solutions, Donor Engagement and external partners.
Program Management, Reporting & Data Analysis (30%)
- Manage and monitor all aspects of the monthly donor retention program including asset creation, performance and execution to facilitate growth in long term value (LTV) and in-year program performance.
- Evaluate performance of monthly donor retention strategies on an ongoing basis, provide regular updates to the Director; create gap closing or program expansion plans to ensure optimal program performance.
- Manage ongoing monitoring for the portfolio including strategy, P&L, regular financial & KPI updates and forecasting using CRM and reporting tools.
- Develop & maintain process maps outlining the communication flow and touch points for each specific donor segment/journey.
Strategic Planning (20%)
- Work with the Director and internal & external partners to develop the strategy, annual plan, budget and content for the Monthly donor program to increase both new and existing Monthly Donor retention and long term value.
- Develop, implement and measure retention, stewardship and value maximization strategies.
- Gather and implement new opportunities for donor-centric communications and marketing tactics thru regular sector monitoring, networking and collaboration with PFP and other UNICEF National Committees.
- Use qualitative and quantitative data to plan and/or recommend decisions on Monthly Donor retention and value maximization activities.
Administration and Expense Management (5%)
- Manage individual budget/P&L while collaborating on overall Monthly marketing budget, including maintaining and updating detailed monthly financial spreadsheets and forecasting.
- Provide annual forecast and revenue and expense calendarization of activities within annual operating plan.
- Present weekly status updates on key areas of the program and participate in annual and quarterly performance updates.
- Ensure all documentation regarding expenses, legal agreements/contracts & donor documentation are up to date and accurate.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of four to five (4-5) years’ of relevant work experience in a marketing or fundraising role including experience with Donor/Customer retention.
- A university degree or college diploma in Marketing or related field.
- Strategic & Analytical thinking with experience in business planning.
- An understanding of key drivers for donor loyalty & LTV.
- Excellent project management skills with strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Strong financial acumen and experience with budgeting & forecasting.
- Experience managing internal and external partners to deliver quality programs on time and on budget.
- A strong understanding of direct response metrics, analysis, and effective marketing best practices across multiple channels including Digital, Print and Tele-marketing.
- Demonstrated experience planning and executing successful multichannel direct response marketing campaigns with a test and learn orientation.
- An understanding as well as a comfort level with process design and adaptation.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- A strong work ethic with a proactive approach to delivering on results.
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar relational database (an asset).
- French language skills (an asset).
Salary Range: $62,000 to $72,000
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by January 23, 2020. Please attach your cover letter (including salary expectations) and resume as one document and reference “Manager, Donor Retention” clearly in the subject heading.
UNICEF Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Consistent with our Child Protection Policy, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
UNICEF Canada is an inclusive workplace and is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the position.