Posted On: 2020-01-10
Closing On: 2020-01-23
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
A Career Opportunity
UNICEF is the world’s farthest-reaching humanitarian organization for children. Across 190 countries and territories, and in the world’s toughest places, we work day in and day out to help children survive. To defend their rights. To keep them protected, healthy and educated. To give them a fair chance to fulfil their potential. Our work for every child relies entirely on voluntary support, including donations from generous Canadians.
Officer, Monthly Giving
(Permanent; Full-time; based in Toronto)
Reporting to the Director, Monthly Giving, this role is responsible for supporting the day to day reporting and marketing efforts of the Monthly Giving team. This role will support the efforts of both the Acquisition and Retention portfolios to continually grow the success of the monthly giving portfolio.
The responsibilities of the position will include:
Program Support (35%)
Support key partnerships & programs associated with UNICEF Canada’s acquisition & retention channels for programs such as Tele-Fundraising, Face to Face, Digital and others by:
- Working closely with the Monthly Giving team, manage reporting and monitoring of ongoing programs & campaigns, including partner programs.
- Helping develop and/or implement program changes for new or reoccurring programs / strategies while co-ordinating and compiling feedback from internal and external stakeholders.
- Co-ordinating and applying business/financial analysis to help meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets.
- Assisting in managing positive and productive relationships with key partners (weekly calls, reporting, quarterly meetings, training).
Marketing & Operational Co-ordination (35%)
- Execute day-to-day creative development with agencies and internal stakeholders.
- Assess and share opportunities to improve acquisition process and reduce costs.
- Support agencies with campaign development through co-ordination of content for scripting, FAQ compilation & preparation and fielding internal stakeholder questions.
- Manage marketing collateral required for both traditional and digital fundraising.
- Collaborate with internal groups for integration of fundraising activities and contribute towards flawless execution of revenue generating strategies.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of annual operating plans, collaborating with members of the monthly team on annual budgets and program review.
Data Analysis & Budget (25%)
- Update budget reports; track and monitor monthly giving program performance.
- Liaise between partners and internal teams to troubleshoot and problem solve any data issues as they arise to ensure campaigns run smoothly and results are accurate.
- Reconcile weekly reporting from Face to Face and Telemarketing vendors for expense, sales volume, regional splits and cost of acquisition.
- Present appeal results and test findings to team on monthly basis and at strategic meetings.
- Assist in developing testing opportunities and results analysis with compilation of post mortems.
- Ensure all activities are budget approved and within annual operating plan or joint strategic plan.
- Track and develop analytics using Raiser’s Edge.
- Ensure all documentation regarding expenses, & donor documentation are up to date and accurate.
- Manage and track all invoices for the Monthly Giving portfolio.
- Present weekly status updates on key areas of the program.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of two to three (2-3) years’ relevant work experience in a marketing or project management role.
- A post-secondary degree or college diploma in marketing, business or a related field.
- Experience in Direct Response Marketing with an emphasis on Digital/Social.
- Proven experience working with stakeholders at all levels.
- Business / financial acumen – including budgeting and campaign analysis experience.
- Experience co-ordinating and delivering training activities.
- Strong organization and program management skills with high attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar relational database (an asset).
- French language skills (an asset).
Salary Range: $43,500 to $51,000
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 23, 2020. Please attach your cover letter (including salary expectations) and resume as one document and reference “Officer, Monthly Giving” clearly in the subject heading.
UNICEF Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Consistent with our Child Protection Policy, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
UNICEF Canada is an inclusive workplace and is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the position.