With the mission ‘We inspire inspirational gifts,’ Mackenzie Health Foundation has raised more than $182 million for capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. The Foundation is spearheading a $250-million fundraising campaign – the largest to date for a community hospital in Canada – to advance patient care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and raise the community portion of funding to build and equip the future state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital. The Foundation supports Mackenzie Health’s vision and mission to create a world-class health experience and to relentlessly improve care to create healthier communities. As we work toward achieving our exciting mandate, we are seeking to grow our inspired team with Senior Coordinator, Campaigns.
Reporting to the Manager, Donor Relations & Stewardship and working closely with the Vice President, Philanthropy, the Senior Coordinator, Campaigns provides support to the Campaign team to assist with achieving the goals and objectives in the campaign business plan. The Senior Coordinator, Campaigns will provide a high level of administrative support to the senior fundraising team. Under the general direction of the Manager, Donor Relations & Stewardship, the Senior Coordinator, Campaigns is responsible for coordinating the solicitation of prospective donors and stewardship of current donors to the campaign as well as other special initiatives. This role requires considerable confidentiality, initiative, tact and mature judgement.
- Provides support to the senior fundraising team on revenue generation for Transformational, Leadership & Major Gifts prospects.
- Proactively support and develop effective and innovative approaches to major gift solicitation strategies with assigned committees and key volunteers in positioning Mackenzie Health with a wide variety of donor prospects.
- Participates in prospect clearance and review sessions with the campaign team to ensure there is no simultaneous engagement of the same prospects.
- Develop key institutional and philanthropic-related messages and compelling communications through the direction and preparation of major gift proposals, solicitation letters, and other materials for donors and prospective donors, under direction and using templates.
- Coordinates calendar of the President & CEO and Vice President, Philanthropy, for all prospective donor interactions including meeting logistics and required presentation materials.
- Under direction and in partnership with the Campaigns team, provides support with activities related to the management of the prospect pipeline to identify, engage, and grow new and current funding sources and relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience/training required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related work experience.
- Experience in fundraising for a healthcare organization an asset.
- Project management experience an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and summarize large quantities of information, track and manage multiple deadlines, work independently and reliably and be productive and efficient during an intensive period of planning and development.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with an ability to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written combined with a customer focus approach and ability to handle requests in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Professional demeanor combined with outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate effectively with a diverse group of donors, volunteers and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and good judgment, take initiative and respect the confidentiality of sensitive information and materials.
- Relevant donor software experience (such as Raiser’s Edge).
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications, such as Adobe InDesign and Photo Shop an asset.
- Willingness and ability to work outside of regular business hours is required.
- Access to a vehicle and a valid Ontario driver’s licence.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring and values – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Please visit our website to apply