Posted On: 2020-01-23
Closing On: 2020-02-23
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you looking for more than a job? At World Vision Canada we offer challenging careers that change the lives of children all over the world and it will change yours too. Come and be part of a team of over 500 Canadians with a vision for the world: Life in all its fullness for every child.
You will experience Christian faith in action helping to make real and lasting change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. Join the World Vision Canada team and be part of a powerful and effective force for good:
For Children. For Change. For Life.
This is full time opportunity with preference for candidates from the Greater Vancouver area.
The Corpoate Engagement Manager role prospects and works with current and prospective public and private corporations to deepen their engagement with World Vision’s mission. The role requires revenue growth within a corporate customer base in the $10-$100k range while supporting senior leadership in opportunity management for a customer base exceeding $100K+. This role will report to the National Manager, Corporate Engagement and will be an integral part of the Corporate Engagement Team within the larger Philanthropy department.
- Actively owns and innovatively cultivates a portfolio of corporate customers with the goal of growing revenue and engagement.
- Helps to execute the Corporate Engagement Strategy to meet annually established fiscal goals and key performance indicators in major gift fundraising, corporate sponsorship (cash and gifts or services in kind), impact investing, Child Sponsorship and cause marketing, etc.
- Continually identifies and implements best practices in pipeline management, research, qualifying, prospecting, cultivation, acquisition, fulfillment, reporting and stewardship.
- Grows corporate engagement and contributions by building deep and meaningful relationships and understanding key stakeholders’ and the corporation’s social impact and marketing interests and priorities, their resource capacity, their business and marketplace context, and aligns these interests and goals with those of World Vision.
- Communicates effectively, meaningfully and in an individualized way with key stakeholders through personal meetings, phone calls, emails, letters, proposals, reports, and stewardship updates; ensures communications adhere to World Vision Canada brand guidelines.
- Coordinates an integrated strategy across different departments including the senior leadership team for target corporations.
- Works with internal and external teams to research and qualify prospects consistent with due diligence requirements, corporate engagement protocols, and risk management efforts within World Vision Canada and its offices around the globe.
- Uses Customer Relationship Management system to analyze and input data from corporate partners.
- Proactively works with Philanthropy Enablement Services to build donor proposals and stewardship strategies (e.g. impact reports, trips to the field) as informed by customer
data and insights.
- Proactively identifies, pursues and cultivates prospects within the corporate segment through networking at events, leveraging business networks, and identifying Influencer(s) or coach(s) to help accelerate engagement with target prospects.
- Ensures that all processes and procedures relative to corporate partnerships are compliant with Canada Revenue Agency regulations and directives, with Imagine Canada requirements and with directives of World Vision Canada’s legal department.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications or other relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of fundraising, business development and/or sales experience in a customer-centered organization or business.
- Demonstrated passion for humanitarian or community development work.
- Proven track record of meeting/exceeding sales or fundraising performance metrics.
- Extremely strong relationship building and business development skills.
- Highly skilled in developing and delivering persuasive business cases and proposals both written and orally.
- Eager to learn and expand skillset.
- Skilled in speaking in a variety of contexts and across diverse audiences.
- Strategic thinker with developed ability to assess opportunities, connects ideas and people to develop strategic profitable engagements, assess risks, both situationally and regarding broader trends.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to align partner’s interests, needs and goals with that of World Vision Canada to achieve mutual gains.
- Highly adept at managing multiple projects, tracking progress and providing clear reporting, and prioritizing among competing imperatives to work most effectively toward revenue goals.
- Highly collaborative in a large organizational environment, with the ability to sensitively navigate within a diverse workplace and customer base.
- Leadership understanding of CRA charitable tax compliance.
- Adept and strategic with CRM systems, data and analytics.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required.
Interested candidates may apply directly through the World Vision Canada careers page:
We bring life-saving support in times of disaster. We help poor communities to take charge of their futures. We provide small loans and training that boost family livelihoods. We work with policy makers to change the way the world is run. Our Christian faith teaches us that every child, regardless of gender, faith or race, is a precious gift to the entire world - and that their wellbeing concerns us all. We shall never rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed.