With the mission ‘We inspire inspirational gifts’, Mackenzie Health Foundation has raised more than $182 million for capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. The Foundation has embarked on a $250-million fundraising campaign – the largest to date for a community hospital in Canada – to advance patient care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and raise the community portion of funding to build and equip the future state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital. The Foundation supports Mackenzie Health’s vision and mission to create a world-class health experience and to relentlessly improve care to create healthier communities. As we work toward achieving our exciting mandate, we are seeking to grow our inspired team with a full-time Major Gifts Officer.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Leadership Gifts, the Major Gifts Officer plays a critical role in securing funds for the organization by managing a group of assigned, qualified donors and acting as an ambassador for Mackenzie Health Foundation across the community. Working closely with volunteers, the Campaign and Major Gifts teams and colleagues at Mackenzie Health and the Foundation, the incumbent is responsible for overseeing the stewardship of current donors and solicitation of prospective donors to the current capital campaign as well as other special initiatives.
This is an incredible opportunity for a motivated fundraising professional to help define relationships with Mackenzie Health’s most committed supporters, introduce Mackenzie Health to new prospects and work with a talented and creative team to help donors fulfill their passions and interests through their giving to Mackenzie Health.
- Develop and maintain a core list of 100+ prospective donors ranging from $25,000 to $100,000 for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship, and pursue leads with identified individuals, foundations or corporations to secure support for Mackenzie Health.
- Identifies, cultivates, and solicits philanthropic support by developing and maintaining relationships with prospective donors.
- Proactively supports and develops effective and innovative approaches to major gift solicitation strategies with assigned committees and key volunteers. Present Mackenzie Health to a wide variety of donor prospects that reflect the diverse community the hospital serves.
- In conjunction with the Stewardship and Donor Relations team, plans and executes stewardship and recognition plans for major gift donors. Specifically, ensures that appropriate gift celebrations, recognition (tax receipts, invitations, and other correspondence) are sent and presented in a timely manner.
- Maintains major gift donor records, actions and notes in Raiser’s Edge so that timely and appropriate “moves” are being implemented to grow or maintain ongoing relationships with current and past major gift donors.
- Develops key institutional and philanthropic-related messages through the direction and preparation of major proposals, solicitation letters, and other materials for donors and prospective donors.
- Handles special projects and fundraising assignments at the discretion of the Foundation leadership.
- University degree/college diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive experience in fundraising, the most recent in Major Gifts fundraising or relevant experience preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant experience with a demonstrated track record of achievement in securing major gifts (5 and 6 figure gifts) or key accounts management front – facing with donors or clients. Brings experience leading own relationship development for MHF’s targeted donor audience including: individuals, corporations, foundations and businesses.
- Displays an exceptional level of professionalism, knowledge, productivity, and high ethical standards.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to handle several tasks simultaneously and set priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Strong computer skills with a background in donor/prospect databases (experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred).
- Strong team player with proven collaboration skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to interact effectively with individuals across the organization and demonstrates tact.
- Able to maintain and work with confidential information.
- Prepared to respond to a fast-paced changing environment requiring flexibility and adaptability with respect to working hours.
- Positively represents Mackenzie Health Foundation in the community.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Access to a vehicle and a valid Ontario driver’s licence.
- Proven attendance record.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health Foundation’s Code of Conduct.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health Foundation– Excellence, Leadership and Integrity.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
Interested candidates please apply online.