Posted On: 2020-01-23
Closing On: 2020-02-21
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
The Digital Fundraising Specialist will work with vendors to assist the Territorial Annual Giving Manager with the development of the digital fundraising strategy, source or create donor-centric content and drive timelines to increase online giving and stewardship. There is a strong focus on donor renewal, new donor acquisition and donor retention strategies.
- Assist to develop and implement a strategic digital fundraising strategy to grow online giving from existing donors and acquire new donors – single gifts and monthly giving donors
- Collaborate with Communications and Marketing team to determine the timing and social media assets for each digital fundraising campaign
- Manage timelines for each campaign to ensure deadlines are met
- Coordinate the digital fundraising for Emergency Disasters – national and international, including immediate response, digital stewardship and collaboration with Marketing, Emergency Disaster Services and World Services
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiencies and maximize revenue
Fundraising & Stewardship
- Employ a donor-centric approach to fundraising and stewardship
- Test digital fundraising strategies to determine the best approach for donor retention and acquisition
- Assist to develop and manage stewardship plans for online single gift and monthly donors, in conjunction with the Campaign Coordinator; maintain ongoing stewardship
- Monitor and report on digital fundraising donor acquisition and retention, and all digital fundraising campaigns
- Segment donor file to optimize donor experience and revenue potential
- Work with the Annual Giving Manager to create an integrated approach to fundraising through various channels
- Strategically manage and promote mobile giving
- Develop, administer and synthesize results for digital donor surveys
- Work with Database Manager to ensure donor data is captured accurately in Raiser’s Edge NXT
- Collaborate with the Communications and Marketing team to gather content for fundraising appeals, e-newsletters and digital stewardship
- Connect directly with divisions and clients to arrange for interviews, content and photo opportunities
- Edit content to ensure messaging is compelling, donor-centric and it meets The Salvation Army messaging guidelines
- Produce campaign reports and donors lists for divisions on a regular basis and as requested
- Key contact for online giving vendor
- Coordinate digital campaigns collaboratively with Marketing & Communications, assisting with digital creation and campaign execution as needed
- Provide back up to the Campaign Coordinator as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education requirements:
NOTE: For some jobs, you may be required to provide validated educational documentation.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Fundraising, Marketing or equivalent experience
- 3 – 5 years of experience in annual giving fundraising, specifically digital fundraising
- Knowledge of fund development best practices and principles
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational and planning skills
- Writing and editing experience
- Graphic design experience is an asset
- Ability to lead projects to meet expected outcomes
- Strong knowledge of current and developing online fundraising strategies, social media, mobile and new technologies
- Thorough understanding of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge NXT and digital marketing tools
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- A demonstrated understanding of philanthropic trends both nationally and internationally
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy
- Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and a variety of demands
- Ability to query, segment and analyze data for reporting, identifying new growth potential and data trends
- Ensure compliance with all policies, regulations and laws
Successful candidates, prior to hiring, may be required to provide:
- Background check consent
- Education verification
Please include the competition # 20-008 in the subject line of your email.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Applications Accepted By:
E-mail or Fax:
Attention: Employee Relations
Employee Relations Department
2 Overlea Boulevard, Toronto, ON M4H 1P4
No phone calls please.