Posted On: 2020-01-29
Closing On: 2020-02-28
Employment Type: Full-Time
POSITION: Major Gifts Officer - Full Time
ORGANIZATION: Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Toronto
LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario
Do you have a talent for major gift fundraising and a passion to serve families with critically ill children in need of care? Are you able to manage strategic fundraising plans, increase Major Gifts donor portfolios, and most importantly: solicit and secure donor gifts of $10k or more?
If so, we are looking for a Major Gifts Officer to join our team in Toronto who embodies professionalism, collaboration and integrity while keeping in mind the families and children we serve.
Why join the Ronald McDonald House Charities team?
Since 1981, Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Toronto has served as a place to call home for families with seriously ill children undergoing treatment. RMHC Toronto encompasses a House for 81 families in downtown Toronto and 7 Family Rooms in hospitals across the Greater Toronto Area and in Sudbury. The families we serve come from Ontario, across Canada and around the world.
About the opportunity:The Major Gifts Officer will develop, implement and manage strategic fundraising plans to significantly increase the Major Gifts donor portfolio. This position will guide and manage the expansion from outreach to measurable outcomes, while ensuring compliance, accountability and integrity. The Major Gifts Officer plays a vital role in cultivating strategies that raise sights and meet annual performance goals and stretch targets.
The Major Gifts Officer cultivates and maintains positive relationships with a portfolio of high-net-worth donor relationships and prospects to deliver excellence in stewardship that demonstrates transparency while sustaining and increasing revenue-generating potential.
This position fosters a culture of philanthropy, demonstrates dignity, professionalism and a collaborative work ethic to enhance the profile of RMHC Toronto and grow our capacity to serve families with critically ill children in need of care.
What will you be doing?
In this role, you will:
- Build and grow a robust ‘prospect to major gift donor’ pipeline of gifts of $10,000 or more, and facilitate active movement within it to achieve revenue goals
- Establish an effective stewardship program for various levels of major gifts, which includes appropriate reporting and engagement activities
- Establish goals to move donors up the giving cycle and solicit multi-year pledges
- Act as primary relationship manager to an assigned portfolio of major donors aimed at meeting the revenue goals of the organization as established in the Board approved Annual Budget and the Strategic Plan
- Identify and implement new opportunities for donors to support RMHC Toronto and/or its Family Room Program at its funding priorities
- Assess and identify key funding needs for proposals that will inspire donors to support RMHC Toronto
- Execute strategies to identify and build relationships with qualified potential donors, including using qualification tools and research capacity to create profiles
- Build pipeline through prospect identification, tracking performance and reporting progress monthly
- Contribute research and funding notes to qualify prospective donors;
- Maintain relationships with individual donors through the planning and implementation of an efficient, effective, and customer-evaluated stewardship program
- Champion an active exchange with donors, through donor facing/personal interactions and weekly portfolio calls
- Prepare donor proposals, correspondence, briefing notes, and other materials required for portfolio activities
- Contribute ideas in creating meaningful donor recognition opportunities for RMHC Toronto and optimize the unique giving vehicles and collateral of RMHC Toronto
- Support and demonstrate leadership in representing RMHC Toronto with integrity, nimbleness, positivity and diplomacy
- Other duties as may be assigned
If you have the following background …
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, with a focus in fundraising, marketing, sales or other applicable disciplines
- 5-7+ years of demonstrated fundraising experience, with 3+ years in a major gift fundraising capacity
- A track record of soliciting and closing donor gifts at the $10k+ level
- Proven ability to build new and long-term relationships with prospects, donors and volunteers
- Strong strategic acumen and ability to translate strategy into actionable plans for directing new initiatives or enhancing existing programs
- Effective problem solver with initiative to be innovative and creative with developing new ideas and concepts
- Strong ability to balance competing priorities, complex situations and tight deadlines
- Strong degree of comfort with ambiguity but able to translate into tactical recommendations
- Knowledge of Moves Management strategies
- Knowledge of major gifts and appropriate stewardship
- Understanding of Canada Revenue Agency tax receipting rules and guidelines
- Proficient in MS Office and experience with Raiser’s Edge
- CFRE designation an asset
… And the following personal attributes:
- Exemplary collaboration and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships
- Superior presentation and verbal and written communication skills; dynamic team player
- Organized, detailed oriented, with strong follow through
- Committed to team-based environments
- Excellent project management skills, information-capture and follow-through
- A strong desire to make a difference in the lives of children, families and the community
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and multi-task
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and occasional weekends as necessary
We want to hear from you!
Like what you’re hearing so far, but still wondering if RMHC is right for you? We offer:
- A competitive compensation & health benefits package
- Professional Development
- RRSP Program
- Wellness days
- An opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children, families and the community
Interested in being a part of the Ronald McDonald House Charities team? Does this sound like you? If so, we look forward to your application!
Ronald McDonald House Charities Toronto embraces diversity and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the hiring process. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume using the link below:
The successful candidate will need to undergo a successful Vulnerable Sector Screening Police check.