Weizmann Canada is currently seeking a creative and motivated Communications Officer to join our growing organization. The incumbent will support the Director of Communications with brand strategy and communications in support of Weizmann Canada.
Weizmann Canada has seen significant growth in major gift results over the past decade, consistently exceeding goals, and the Communications Officer role is integral to our continued success and future planning.
We have made investments in our national support services over the past three years, as well as adding front-line major gift fundraisers. As we move forward, we see potential for expansion of our fundraising efforts (and reaching our goal of a sustainable $20M annually).
This position will be based in Toronto.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Communications Officer will support the national brand strategy and communication efforts related to furthering Weizmann Canada’s mission, national profile and strategic goals, associated marketing, public relations initiatives and communications with Weizmann Canada’s supporters.
- Understand the mission of the Weizmann Institute of Science
- Acquire and maintain sound knowledge and understanding of the Weizmann Institute and its fundraising priorities
- Develop communications plans for various initiatives
- Implement integrated multi-channel communication programs
- Assist with social media content calendars
- Manage paid social media and search ads
- Lead the community management for the social media channels
- Draft and design invitations for events (digital and/or print)
- Prepare written content for various donor communications pieces (i.e. newsletter, year in review, monthly eblasts etc.)
- Prepare various marketing and brand collateral
- Manage the communications calendar ensuring it remains up to date
- Update and maintain the website
- Share relevant content for donors with the development team in a timely manner
- Manage various print, design and mail house vendors
- Diploma or degree in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism or other related field, or acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum three to five years of recent and relevant experience in developing and executing comprehensive communication and marketing plans
- Experience working in the non-profit sphere, directly or indirectly
- Ability to synthesize comprehensive scientific information into clear, concise communications
- Proficient writing for a range of audiences and communication channels
- Excellent expository writing skills and a strong command of grammar, punctuation and syntax
- InDesign and Adobe Creative Suite experience is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ability to work under pressure, plan, organize and prioritize work
The candidate will be expected to be available for some evening meetings and events.
ABOUT THE WEIZMANN INSTITUTE:
The Weizmann Institute of Science in Rehovot, Israel, is one of the world's top-ranking multidisciplinary research institutions. The Institute recently ranked second worldwide in the normalized 2019 Nature Index. The normalized index looks at the ratio of publications in the best scientific journals measured against total output, Weizmann may be small, but its contribution is mighty.
Noted for its wide-ranging exploration of the natural and exact sciences, the Institute is home to over 3,000 scientists, students, technicians and supporting staff. Institute research efforts include the search for new ways of fighting disease and hunger, examining leading questions in mathematics and computer science, probing the physics of matter and the universe, creating novel materials and developing new strategies for protecting the environment.
Individuals, corporations and foundations around the world invest generously in the Weizmann Institute’s research, graduate education and scientific outreach programs, including many Canadians who share our belief in the power of research to create a brighter tomorrow.
Weizmann Canada is a national community with a core group of dedicated donors and volunteers, and 15 professional staff who share a common vision with the Institute of advancing science for the benefit of humanity.
Our mission is twofold:
- To raise awareness and support for the Weizmann Institute of Science in order to maintain its standards of excellence, and;
- To encourage science literacy across all age groups through events featuring guest scientists and through education programs.
Weizmann Canada offers a cause that has a world-wide impact on humanity; a great team and a collaborative work environment. We also offer a robust and competitive compensation package.
Candidates are asked to please submit both a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com by Friday, February 21, 2020. Candidate submissions will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.