Posted On: 2020-02-05
Closing On: 2020-03-05
Location: Oakville, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Wellspring is network of cancer support centres that provide a comprehensive range of support and coping skills programs to men, women, and children who are living with cancer. Professionally-led programs are provided to patients and their loved ones at no charge, and Wellspring relies on donations and event revenue in order to operate its centres in the Greater Toronto Area.
This position reports to the Director of Development. It is based at Wellspring Birmingham-Gilgan House, which is located at 2545 Sixth Line, Oakville, and it requires travel within the Greater Toronto Area.
- Help to set and meet major gift ($10,000+) targets
- Qualify, cultivate and solicit donors
- Build and maintain the donor pipeline, including database tracking
- Write letters of intent and proposals; prepare packages, presentations, etc.
- Liaise with potential donors to identify alignments and targeted approaches for support
- Research prospective supporters, and participate in prospect identification meetings
- Ensure that all contacts with major donors and prospect are tracked
- Cultivation and steward major donors through events
- A minimum of three years of fundraising experience, including a proven track record with measurable results in major or leadership giving
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Effectiveness in building, nurturing and leveraging strong relationships with donors, volunteers, staff, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Commitment to the core values, cause and communities served by Wellspring
- Experience with Raisers Edge an asset
- A University/College Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- CFRE designation is an asset
Please send cover letter and resume with “Major Gifts Officer” in the subject line to:
Eva Thurlow at email@example.com