UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES (UNHCR) INTERNAL & EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Vacancy Notice No. : CANTO/PSP/VN/002
|Title of Post||Donor Acquisition Associate||Category/grade||General Service, G6|
|Post Number||10026127||Type of Contract||Fixed-term appointment|
|Location||Toronto, Canada||Date of Issue||07 February 2020|
|Effective Date of Assignment||1 May 2020||Closing Date||28 February 2020|
The Donor Acquisition Associate will have primary responsibility for acquiring new donors to the individual giving portfolio. These are gifts of less $10,000 which are primarily acquired through mail, digital, DRTV, Face to Face and multi-channel campaigns. The Associate will conceive of the acquisition portfolio with a mindset towards integration and in this respect, use our various fundraising channels to reinforce one another for the most efficient possible fundraising. They will execute all acquisition campaigns, overseeing every detail including content development, media buying and reporting, working in conjunction with our agencies. They must be able to both conceive of strategy and execute tactically the programs under their portfolio.
The Associate will be highly budget conscious and ensure that every dollar invested is spent with an eye to our long term ROI goals. They will help conceive of the overall strategy and make compelling cases to headquarters for ongoing investment in Canada’s acquisition program.
They will generate both monthly and one-time donations from new individuals with a focus on acquiring donors with a propensity for strong donor loyalty and lifetime value. They will work closely and collaboratively with the Donor Retention Associate and the Communications and Digital Engagement Manager to ensure new donors acquired are taken on an appropriate journey, related to their acquisition source that will lead to best possible LTV.
They will occasionally need to travel, for skill-shares and other meetings domestically and internationally.
Performance will be assessed on the following KPIs against target, which are set by channel during the annual planning process and adjusted mid-year:
- Number of donors acquired
- Cost of donors acquired
- ROI of donors acquired 12, 24, 36 and 60 months
- Average gift of donors acquired
- % of donors acquired to RG
In addition, general competencies will be assessed including teamwork, planning and organization, commitment to learning, accountability, planning and problem solving.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
|Develop strategy for donor acquisition||
|Manage and execute all donor acquisition programs||
|Manage acquisition budget and monitor all associated KPIs||
This position is responsible for the management of all donor acquisition activities, vendors and budget to ensure we
Empowering and Building Trust
Judgement and Decision Making
Strategic Planning and Vision
Innovation and Creativity
Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
Planning and Organizing
Policy Development and Research
Change Capability and Adaptability
Essential minimum qualifications and professional experience required:
Secondary education with certificate in communication, marketing, management, political science, international Development or other related discipline
- Work Experience
- Minimum 6 years of working in a fundraising/marketing environment, using direct marketing techniques
- Strong experience of working in cross-functional teams in a collaborative manner
- Significant experience of managing agencies and vendors
- Significant experience of managing budgets
- Experience managing a team
- Experience in international Development sector, in particularly working on emergency situations
- Significant experience with Digital, Mail and Telemarketing for the purposes of direct response fundraising including developing strategy and tactical execution
- Experience with testing and launching new channels
- Experience fundraising in Canada and specifically in the Quebec market
- Comfortable with creating data selections and analysis including using LTV analysis, benchmarking tools and forecasting models
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies:
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce experience a desirable asset.
- Acute attention to detail
- Understanding of brand and key message adherence
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including MS Word, Excel and Power point
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work confidently under pressure to deadlines.
- Strong customer service approach
- Maintains a positive attitude
- Ability to work with confidential information with discretion
- Excellent English language skills (written, oral and comprehension)
- French is an asset
- Commitment to inclusion and diversity in all interactions with staff, volunteers, and audiences, including full participation in programs and decision-making
Eligibility / Internal candidates:
Interested staff members should consult the Policy and Procedures on Assignments of Locally recruited Staff (IOM/49-FOM/50/2012 dated 15 June 2012). If you have questions regarding your eligibility, you may also contact the HR Unit.
Only applicants who have internal status are eligible to apply to vacancies that have been advertised internally. An applicant who has internal status is a staff member holding an indefinite or fixed-term appointment in any duty station in the country.
Former UNHCR General Service staff members, having held an indefinite or fixed-term appointment for an uninterrupted period of at least one year may apply for internally advertised vacancies at their previous grade or equivalent or one grade above, if the seniority requirements are met, for a period of two years following separation.
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: http://icsc.un.org
Submission of Applications:
To apply for this position, please fill in the UN Personal History/Supplementary forms, found on our website https://www.unhcr.ca/careers and send those forms along with your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org CANTO/PSP/VN/002–Donor Acquisition Associate in the subject line to email@example.com by the closing date.
No late applications will be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a written test and/or oral interview. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing or any other fees).
UNHCR strongly encourages qualified female applicants for this position. UNHCR seeks to ensure that male and female employees are given equal career opportunities. UNHCR is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
Refugees – who cares? We Do