Second Harvest is Canada’s largest food rescue organization and expert in perishable food recovery.
We rescue surplus, unsold food from across the supply chain and redistribute it to not-for-profits across the country to feed communities.
Second Harvest is looking for a Capital Campaign Director. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this position is responsible for managing and structuring Second Harvest’s $30 million capital campaign for its new site of operations (the “Food Rescue Institute”).
The Capital Campaign Director will author a campaign operating plan that includes volunteer structures and recruitment, case statements, and cultivation and solicitation strategies to secure leadership and major gifts to the campaign.
The position will work closely with stakeholders in carrying out a broad-based fundraising plan targeting individuals, corporations, and foundations to support this initiative and drive revenue-generating efforts.
- Lead the strategy development and planning for the capital campaign; oversee the strategy for donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Implement and manage the campaign to secure capital funding for Second Harvest’s Food Rescue Institute (FRI); develop and execute targeted cultivation plans and solicitation strategies for a range of projects; periodically refine and execute solicitation strategies as needed.
- Work with the CEO and members of the Capital Committee and Board to cultivate prospects; participate in solicitation efforts, as required.
- Provide strategic direction for public relations and communications plans, to ensure a high level of visibility and momentum for the capital campaign.
- Identify and implement key metrics to measure leadership-level gifts to the campaign; develop and manage campaign prospect lists, including research and tracking.
- Implement progress tracking, financial controls, and reporting systems; prepare monthly and quarterly reports for stakeholders.
- Manage a team of direct reports, creating a positive team dynamic and monitoring performance and development goals; mentors, assigns accountabilities, sets objectives, establishes priorities, evaluates results, and conducts annual performance reviews.
- Strategic: you recognize and resolve situations that are ambiguous or challenging; you focus your efforts on meeting or exceeding goals.
- Partnership-Minded: you are a people-person who makes friends easily and can leverage existing relationships to build program success.
- Bold: you are a true entrepreneurial spirit and are not afraid to take calculated risks to disrupt the status quo; you’re a visionary leader that listens to your team and values their ideas.
- Naturally Curious: you are innovative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Problem Solver: you have a knack for planning; you are a critical thinker who uses logic to identify alternatives and present solutions to complex problems while thinking of contingency plans.
- Initiative: you seek out new challenges that require risk taking; you are resourceful and respond to challenges in spite of obstacles and setbacks.
- Communicator: you are a masterful communicator both written and verbal, with a high degree of interpersonal techniques and skills; you know how to flex your style and select the method/approach most appropriate to the audience or situation.
- 7 or more years of experience working in a fundraising capacity; direct development experience including solicitation skills.
- Proven track record of successfully securing major gift support, with a focus on completing and closing six and seven figure asks.
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN RETURN:
- The opportunity to work for a purposeful organization.
- A whole lot of fun.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Flexible hours and working arrangements.
For more information about Second Harvest, visit: www.secondharvest.ca
Please submit your resume and cover letter on or before March 1, 2020 via email, with “CAPITAL CAMPAIGN DIRECTOR” in the subject line, to email@example.com. We would appreciate no phone calls or agencies.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. Second Harvest is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are invited to attend an interview and require an accommodation, please advise us in advance of our meeting.