Second Harvest is Canada’s largest food rescue organization and expert in perishable food recovery.
We rescue surplus, unsold food from across the supply chain and redistribute it to not-for-profits across the country to feed communities.
Second Harvest is looking for an enthusiastic, motivating fundraiser to join our team as the Senior Manager, Annual Giving. Reporting to the Vice President of Philanthropy and Communications, this position is responsible for overseeing and executing a broad-based annual and mid-level giving program (individual donors/prospects), as well as ensuring the development of a pipeline for major donors.
We are looking for someone who will deliver superb donor care to our annual and mid-level supporter segments, and who will lead the development and implementation of a high-touch stewardship and recognition program. The position will also use data analysis to lead and execute strategies to improve donor retention, conversion, upgrade, and engagement.
- Lead the annual and mid-level giving philanthropy programs for individual donors/prospects; oversee the strategy for donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Oversee digital and direct mail appeals for annual/mid-level individual audiences (including strategy, production schedules, creative design/letter copy, vendor management, digital and stewardship elements).
- Provide strategic direction for the monthly giving program, as well as the online donation experience across all fundraising activities.
- Direct the production of segmented mailing lists for all outbound communications, including digital and direct mail appeals, newsletters, e-news, e-blasts and call campaigns.
- Identify donors who are ready for upgrade or cross-cultivation through data analytics.
- Develop a measurement framework to evaluate success across each donor segment.
- Collaborate with the Senior Manager, Foundations to ensure the timely submission of proposals/applications for foundation prospects and donors, as required.
- Collaborate with key colleagues to develop calendar of digital offers for use in e-news and on social media channels.
- Oversee the design and implementation of a high-touch stewardship program to communicate timely gratitude to supporters.
- Manage a team of direct reports, creating a positive team dynamic and monitoring performance and development goals; mentors, assigns accountabilities, sets objectives, establishes priorities, evaluates results, and conducts annual performance reviews.
- Fundraiser: you are a seasoned hand when it comes to soliciting donors and prospects for financial and/or in-kind requests.
- Storyteller: you have experience with developing and executing direct response campaigns, including dealing with list brokers, print vendors, and mail shop providers; you are a strong communicator (both written and verbal).
- Client-Focused: you are slightly obsessive when it comes to the donor experience; you have exemplary donor service and relationship management skills, with a keen understanding of and respect for the donor cycle and journey.
- Analytical: you have strong information and data management/analytics skills, with a passion for uncovering insights and using them to tell stories/inform strategy.
- Leader: you are an enthusiastic, motivating, accountable team leader with an ability to work independently or collaboratively to accomplish shared goals.
- Project Manager: strong project management skills, including the ability to keep others on track.
- 5 or more years’ experience working in a fundraising capacity, preferably focused on philanthropy audiences; specialized fundraising training and/or accreditation would be considered an asset.
- Strong experience with donor management databases.
- Some evening and weekend work required for special events or during peak periods.
- A valid G class license with access to a vehicle would be considered an asset.
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN RETURN:
- The opportunity to work for a purposeful organization.
- A whole lot of fun.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Flexible hours and working arrangements.
For more information about Second Harvest, visit: www.secondharvest.ca
Please submit your resume and cover letter on or before March 1, 2020 via email, with “SENIOR MANAGER, ANNUAL GIVING” in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would appreciate no phone calls or agencies.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. Second Harvest is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are invited to attend an interview and require an accommodation, please advise us in advance of our meeting.