Posted On: 2020-02-13
Closing On: 2020-02-26
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Contract
Sinai Health Foundation raises and stewards funds to support Sinai Health System. Sinai Health System is Canada’s leading integrated health system and comprises Bridgepoint Active Healthcare; Circle of Care; Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute; and Mount Sinai Hospital, Joseph & Wolf Lebovic Health Complex. The generous support of our community fuels everything we do from seamless care to scientific discovery. People are excited to come to work every day at Sinai Health Foundation. As a world-class institution, we have a unique and rich personality. We are driven to make a positive impact for patients, their families and society.
We love the clash of ideas that lead to better solutions. Challenging the status quo is encouraged. Collaborating will allow us to push forward. We recognize that the pace of change continues to accelerate and understand flexibility is vital. We take our work seriously and have a lot of fun doing it! Laughter echoes throughout our organization. We embrace and celebrate differences. We look for diversity and inclusion when we hire top talent. We have great respect for our strengths, perspectives, opinions and lifestyles. We have high expectations of each other, but even higher expectations of ourselves. We are not hampered by rules and processes, we trust in each other. We do all that we can do…and then we find a way to do a little bit more. We embody creativity, imagination and a fierce determination to make the world a better place.
Reporting to the Manager, Donor Relations Events, the Development Officer, Donor Relations Events will plan, support, execute and follow up on the logistics requirements of the events in their portfolio, focusing on stewardship, cultivation and governance events.
The Development Officer, Donor Relations Events will ensure that all events align with Sinai Health Foundation’s strategic plan, that Foundation’s policies and processes are enforced, and that all event logistical needs are on track by continuously evaluating and assessing their events. The Development Officer will work collaboratively with the events team and related departments to enhance their events and maximize outcome, and represent Sinai Health Foundation at meetings with volunteers to provide guidance and event experience as required. The ideal candidate is a highly energetic events professional with a solid track record of executing a range of exceptional quality events.
The Development Officer, Donor Relations Events is a strategic and detailed-oriented individual with superior organizational skills. The Development Officer, Donor Relations Events has a high degree of thoughtfulness required to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders in a high pressure, high volume, fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and competing deadlines. The Development Officer is responsible for overseeing costs, handling complex situations and enforcing Sinai Health Foundation’s policies and processes with event leadership. They are a results driven individual who expects all the events in their portfolio to support Sinai Health Foundation’s strategic priorities.
- Execute all event logistics for their events as outlined in the event critical path, including on-going progress reports to their portfolio Manager
- Work collaboratively with Manager, Donor Relations Events and many stakeholders over multiple teams to ensure a seamless process
- Liaise with vendors, suppliers, sponsors, donors and other affiliated groups and individuals as needed with service excellence always top of mind
- Provide outstanding service to all stakeholders and ensure timely pre- and post-event follow up
- Ensure the highest standard of experience for event attendees
- Escalate sensitive and or challenging situations to their Manager, as appropriate
- Attend meetings with donors or event leaders as appropriate
- This role will require evening and weekend work, heavier in the spring and fall
- Bachelor’s Degree, College Diploma or acceptable combination of equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 years of recent related experience, preferably within a large dynamic non-for-profit environment. Complementary education and training is a benefit
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or another relational database
- An ability to project and track an expense budget while keeping savings top of mind and demonstrated financial acumen
- An innovative, creative thinking person with the ability to handle matters of a sensitive and confidential nature
- Ability to be assertive while respectful in managing expectations of a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong problem solving skills; able to find innovative solutions with limited time
- Self-starter with a bias for action; solutions oriented; has the ability to plan, organize and prioritize work while handling multiple tasks and interruptions
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Aligned with Sinai Health Foundation’s five values: flexibility, fun, collaboration, respect and trust
Interested candidates please apply online.