Posted On: 2020-06-23
No closing date
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Animals, People, and the Environment. That is who and what we care deeply about. If your passions align with this, then we invite you apply to join our team in the role of Chief Executive Officer.
Protecting wildlife and empowering people is what we focus on with the goal to help individuals act upon their hopes for a better world. We’re looking for a transformational leader to help us fulfill our promise for a better world to communities in Canada and across the globe. As CEO, you will be a diplomatic, engaging and capable champion using your exceptional public speaking abilities to ensure we do what we say we believe. Working closely with an engaged Board of Directors, you will make things happen by creating and executing strategic initiatives that expand programs and services in Canada and around the world. Helping you achieve this is a talented team of staff, dedicated volunteers and kind donors who are willing to do whatever they can to help. With your visionary talent, you will lead us forward to achieve our fiduciary and financial commitments while embracing unshakeable ethics and demonstrating compassion.
As a transformational leader, you understand how to affect positive societal change. In addition, you:
- Are recognized for building relationships in multi-stakeholder environments
- Have delivered results to other organizations, combining the best of charitable, public and private sector approaches with insightful leadership experience
- Bring an immediate knowledge of charities, evidence of life-long learning, excellence in communication, political acuity, and a network of colleagues that allows you to move forward in Canada and other countries
- Have an in depth appreciation of charity governance will ensure a trusting and meaningful partnership with the Board of Directors
- Are experienced in managing federally funded programs
Our national office is in Toronto, Ontario. Ability to work in both of Canada’s national languages are considered assets.
To learn more about this amazing opportunity, please contact Nancy Lismer or to apply, please submit your resume and related information online at: https://www.odgersberndtson.com/en/careers/16648. Consideration of candidates will commence immediately.
The Jane Goodall Institute of Canada is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessible Canada Act, upon request, accommodation will be provided by both Odgers Berndtson and JGIC throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.