Posted On: 2020-07-14
Closing On: 2020-08-09
Location: 191 New Toronto Street, Toronto, ON, M8V 2E7
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: 191 New Toronto Street, Toronto, ON, M8V 2E7
Salary: $70,000 - 75,000 per year
Terms: 35 hours a week/ permanent - Full time
AFP Membership Number: 000003480112
Business Planning (25%)
- Develop and oversee a comprehensive, multi-faceted community partnerships program and optimize the use of technology to drive fundraising revenue and fundraiser engagement.
- Engage youth at Daily Bread, in their schools, in their community, in their workplace. Work closely with the Marketing & Communications team to develop toolkits and other collateral that will raise awareness, promote food drives, and support fundraising.
- Develop a community fundraising program that activates and deepens engagement in neighborhoods in Toronto - driving food and fund drives.
- Develop and execute a champion/ambassador strategy to support workplace P2P fundraising and events.
- Work with direct report (Manager, Community Partnerships and Events) develop an events strategy to support fundraising and Daily Bread events ensuring a high level of event experience and to provide cultivation, stewardship and solicitation opportunities.
- Work with the Senior Manager, Corporate and VP People and Culture to further develop the corporate volunteer program to increase revenue from registration fees and implement a sales plan to optimize revenue from all available volunteer opportunities.
- Develop an In Memoriam and In Honour (tribute) program that will increase revenue and provide new opportunities for donors to reach out to their networks.
- Identify and recommend new opportunities to increase revenue and engagement through P2P and event fundraising.
- Work with the Vice President, Philanthropy to research and develop annual budgets, goals and work plans, and maintain a three-year sight line for the program to enable planning and sustainable growth.
Program Implementation (50%)
- Engage community groups and families through youth volunteers and at community or public events to acquire new donors and increase revenue.
- Engage employees to raise funds and collect food in their workplaces. Promote and support workplace initiatives with guides, communications collateral, competitions, presentations and public speaking.
- Oversee the development of online and other tools to facilitate P2P fundraising and enhance the leader and donor experience.
- Use analytics to enhance cultivation functionality and make evidence-based decisions.
- Evaluate processes and documentation to ensure the P2P/engagement group of the development team is operating as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Work with teams across the organization to ensure that P2P fundraising and events are aligned with concurrent campaigns and Daily Bread’s brand.
- Oversee the execution of all fundraising and Daily Bread events ensuring that the event goals are clear and achieved.
- Work with the donor relations/data team to ensure procedures are in place for accurate and timely P2P communications, event invitations and acknowledgement of gifts.
- Ensure that donor contacts and actions are recorded in the fundraising database (NXT/RE) and maintain accurate electronic and hard copy files on all third-party fundraising.
Team Coaching and Supervision (25%)
- Work with (2) direct reports to clearly articulate project goals, activities, timelines and budgets.
- Implement an account management approach (i.e. moves management) for selected food and fundraising partners.
- Develop best practices approaches to P2P recognition, stewardship and program development.
- Participate in activities to develop and share new ideas that will result in better work practices and collective, team-based success to achieve target fundraising results.
- Attend functions as appropriate to promote Daily Bread and its programs to supporters and prospects.
Key Performance Measures
- Revenue growth.
- Food donation quality and growth.
- Participation rates. Number of independent fundraising / food collection initiatives (drives, events etc.) and number of contributors.
- Revenue fundraised per event and per participant.
- Number of fundraisers who become and remain donors.
- Account management. Meaningful and successful participation of key fundraising partners. Partners including media (e.g. CBC Sounds of the Season), community groups (e.g., Churches, schools, employee volunteer program participants.
- Engagement. Participation of volunteer groups, attendance at donor events and other opportunities.
The Senior Manager, Community Partnerships will have a combination of the following elements of experience and credentials, demonstrated core competencies and compelling personal attributes.
Professional Experience & Credentials
- Post-secondary degree in fundraising, marketing, communications, or related field. A combination of relevant education and experience, including business development or sales, may be considered.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in coordinating and promoting P2P fundraising.
- 3-5 years managing events for fundraising.
- Experience working with Luminate Online and TeamRaiser.
- Sound knowledge of donor cultivation, recognition and stewardship best practices.
- Exceptional oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to motivate and inspire others and build relationships in support of Daily Bread..
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with prospective supporters.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs.
- Financial assessment, budgeting and financial monitoring skills.
- Passionate about eliminating poverty, and food security issues.
- Can articulate vision and aspirational goals of Daily Bread into a clear and compelling presentation to volunteers and independent fundraisers.
- Is passionate about the mission of Daily Bread.
- Works well within a team as a cooperator and team contributor.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive.
- Driven to meet targets and rises to the challenge of stretch goals.
- Computer literate and the able to work effectively with fundraising software to drive results.
- Ability to work with sensitive information with complete confidentiality.
- Must be able to work occasional evening and weekends.
How to Apply
To be considered, forward a covering letter stating why you are suitable for the role along with your résumé by Sunday, August 9, 2020 to Human Resources – firstname.lastname@example.org
Daily Bread Food Bank thanks all individuals who apply for this position and will only contact candidates who are selected for an interview. Daily Bread Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from members of designated groups. Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in another format, please e-mail a request to Human Resources.