Organization: Kids Help Phone
Title: Senior Development Officer – Philanthropy (Major Gifts), Ontario
Position: Full Time
Reports to: Director, Philanthropy (Major Gifts)
Is this you?
Are you motivated by the opportunity to positively impact mental health for young people in Canada? Would you be passionate about helping young people deal with the challenges of growing up in today’s complex, ever-changing, technologically-driven world?
You have a deep understanding of major and individual giving. You are a natural relationship builder and believe that quality partnerships take time to develop. Ideally you have a robust rolodex with a strong network in Ontario and are relentless in building your profile within the philanthropic community at large. You are rarely at your desk because you are usually at a donor meeting—or are on the hunt for the next gift.
Kids Help Phone is on a transformational journey, one that will change the landscape of youth mental health in Canada. We cannot do it without a team who are willing to be game changers and help fuel that journey. We need team members that are passionate about making a real difference in young people’s lives. It will take courage. It will take resilience.
Does this sound like you? If so, then keep reading…
The Senior Development Officer, Philanthropy (Major Gifts) is responsible for the activities related to major gifts, local foundation and grant proposals. Our successful candidate will report to the Director of Philanthropy (Major Gifts). The successful candidate will be autonomous and comfortable working independently, while temporarily reporting to leadership remotely. The Senior Development Officer will support major gift activities within Ontario, as well as providing support in regions across Canada. The successful candidate will be a fundraising generalist, with extensive experience in major gifts and will be a strong relationship builder. Where appropriate they’ll work with senior volunteers and will be familiar with best in class volunteer management strategies.
What You'll do
- Solicit gifts ($100K+) through customized proposals and face-to-face meetings; multi-year commitments where possible
- Develop funding proposals to solicit foundations and individuals
- Develop and maintain relationship management strategies for assigned portfolio of donors (majority will be in Ontario, but you will also support key relationships Canada-wide)
- Identify and cultivate prospective donor relationships by individual contact and attending events, for a diverse fundraising portfolio
- Manage fundraising and stewardship pipeline activity
- Recruit and train volunteers to develop a network to support awareness and fundraising strategies in various sectors
What You'll Need
- University or college degree in fundraising or related experience in sales, marketing, business development or corporate account management
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with a proven track record of meeting or exceeding annual revenue targets
- Demonstrated success in soliciting multi-year gifts of $100K+
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated, tact, diplomacy, interpersonal and written skills to liaise with senior management, staff, volunteers and donors
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic team environment – developing partnerships with teams in a multidisciplinary environment
- Strong organizational skills to determine work priorities and manage multiple projects in a fast paced work environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products, Raisers Edge and electronic databases
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel
- Possess an acceptable "Vulnerable Person Sector Criminal Reference Check" prior to starting employment
- Possess a current “Police Reference Check” prior to starting employment
You’ll already have the following:
- A passion and curiosity for solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Ability to take complex data and present it in a clear and simple manner
- Ability to focus in a fast paced environment and multitask
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Commitment to the vision and goals of the organization
Kids Help Phone is a Canadian and world leader, known for their expertise and continuous innovation as Canada’s only 24/7 professional counselling and information service for young people in both English and French. They have been pioneers in virtual care and e-health solutions for young people in Canada for almost 30 years.
Since 1989, they have offered kids, teens and young adults a critical lifeline of hope and support through their free, anonymous and confidential services, which research shows significantly improves youth mental health.
Young people reach out to Kids Help Phone’s professional counsellors and trained volunteers from every corner of the country via phone, Live Chat and texting, and benefit from their database of local youth-serving programs. Kids Help Phone’s website is a widely recognized model of youth-focused design; offering therapeutic tools, games, information, and counselling.
Are you are inspired by helping to meet the quickly evolving needs of young people in Canada today and are ready to contribute to a dynamic organization dedicated to improving their mental health and well-being?
History in the making!
Does this sound like a journey you want to be a part of?
Open the posting and click the “Apply” button in the top right corner of the page. Please attach a single file with your resume and cover letter titled:* lastname_firstname_Senior Development Officer, Philanthropy (Major Gifts)*
For more information about Kids Help Phone, please visit our website at https://kidshelpphone.ca/
The position will be posted until August 5, 2020.
Accredited member, Imagine Canada Standards Program.
Kids Help Phone is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We welcome applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who respect and reflect the diversity of service users.