Posted On: 2020-07-24
Closing On: 2020-08-28
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Director, Donor Marketing
Grow your career while making an impact at Diabetes Canada!
Diabetes Canada is making the invisible epidemic of diabetes visible and urgent. Today, 11 million Canadians live with diabetes or pre-diabetes. Current growth rates mean that young people at age 20 face a 1 in 2 lifetime risk of developing the condition. To stem the tide of this epidemic, Diabetes Canada is raising its sights to deliver impact at a population level by advocating for healthy public policy, supporting healthcare providers to deliver exceptional diabetes care, funding research towards a cure, and enhancing our digital delivery channels to support the needs of those we serve.
About the Director, Donor Marketing Role
Reporting to the VP of Fund Development, the Director, Donor Marketing is responsible for developing strategies to achieve annual revenue targets and minimize expenses in the annual, mid-level and monthly giving programs. Of priority is integration of these programs into other fund development channels including major gifts and planned giving to support the growth of these revenue streams. This position includes one direct report.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Develop and lead an annual Donor Marketing strategic overview, plan and budget that aligns with the organizational goals and objectives.
- Provide strategic recommendations for all aspects of donor marketing including acquisition and retention of monthly and annual donors through all channels including mail, telemarketing, door to door and online.
- Evaluate and evolve DC’s mid-level program to drive incremental revenue.
- Work closely with Marketing & Communications to ensure consistent messaging, digital and social media opportunities to maximize fundraising.
- Manage the development, execution, and delivery of all elements for fundraising, acquisition, and donor retention campaigns.
- Provide leadership to the Coordinator, Donor Marketing in the day-to-day coordination of campaigns.
- Accountable for the ongoing forecasting, reporting, and tracking of campaigns, as well as maintaining up-to-date information to be accessed within the organization.
- Manage the overall relationships with external consultants, agencies, and vendors to deliver campaigns.
- Provide leadership and strategic recommendations in creative, data and production processes with campaigns.
- Work within the organization to manage approvals and project requirements for campaigns.
- Work within the organization to promote fundraising campaigns with internal stakeholders/front line staff.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Post-secondary University degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 7 years experience in consumer direct response marketing.
- Experience leading and growing a mid-level program considered an asset.
- Previous experience in a non-profit environment.
- Open, persuasive communication style and proven track record of building successful teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills along with the ability to synthesize complex information into compelling and strategic material.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with demonstrated data analysis and reporting skills.
- Familiarity and confidence using MR Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) as well as CRM software.
What Diabetes Canada Can Offer You
- The chance to interact and collaborate with others in a meaningful role within an organization that is making a direct impact on the fight to #EndDiabetes.
- The opportunity to work with teams of individuals making a difference every day to improve the lives of millions of people.
- A rewarding career for you – see our Employee Value Proposition
About the Application Process
- Apply online: www.diabetes.ca/careers
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
- We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, and value a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
- We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise us during the recruitment process.
- We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.