Posted On: 2020-07-30
Closing On: 2020-08-30
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Be a Part of the Interval House Team:
Our Mission: As Canada’s first shelter for women and children experiencing abuse, we remain trailblazers in the campaign for women’s empowerment and independence, providing innovative, specialized and transformative services that help to break the cycle of intimate partner violence.
Interval House provides a continuum of services which includes integrated and specialized services related to programs that help build economic self-sufficiency (BESS) such as employability skills coaching, outreach, supportive counselling, advocacy, housing and legal and support.
The Resource Development and Communications Associate is accountable for planning, implementing, and evaluating the organization’s long-term development and revenue goals; communications strategy, direct marketing, and annual giving program.
Duties and Responsibilities (not limited to):
Participate in Program Development, Operations, and Administration of the fundraising program through:
- Contributing to developing, managing, and implementing fundraising strategies and budgets for
- The Annual Giving Program including direct mail production, electronic communications, tribute and online giving programs
- Interval House’s communications and public relations programs, including major cause campaigns and proactive media relations
- Establish and maintain professional contacts with other agencies, community partners, donors and potential donors while continuously seeking partnerships opportunities
- Ensure that Resource Development policies and procedures, and best practices are reviewed regularly and adhered to design and implement stewardship strategies to increase donor retention
- Manage agency consultants, such as direct marketing agency, database management company, graphic designers, writers, and website designers
- Oversee the administration of fundraising database
- Plan and manage agency’s communication activities, including annual reports, website, social media and other activities. Liaise with agency staff for approval.
- Supervise Administrative employee
- Advise programs staff on fundraising feasibility for program development
Job Requirements & Competencies:
- University Degree, or related college courses and/or professional training in Fundraising Management
- 3 - 5 years’ experience working in fundraising, preferably with a generalist background and/or specialization in direct response or marketing communications
- Advanced understanding of quality standards relative to operational improvement, strategic planning and business growth
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects from conception to completion with tightly prescribed timelines
- Exceptional analytical, report writing, proposal writing and presentation skills
- Ability to manage risks
- Ability to build and foster reliable work relationships within a diverse work environment
- Demonstrated leadership skills, accountability and adaptability
- Capable of managing emotional stress
- Consistent ability to demonstrate professional behavior and respect for boundaries
- Must be flexible with workdays and/or hours
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Human Resources / Subject line: Resource Development and Communications Associate /
Good to Know:
We thank all applicants, however, only applicants with the required qualifications and competencies will be contacted.
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada and/or must have a valid work permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
All successful applicants must undergo a police vulnerable sector check.
Interval demonstrates its commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion, respect in the workplace and does not condone any form of discrimination and workplace violence.