Posted On: 2020-08-04
Closing On: 2020-08-14
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: August, 2020
Employment Type: Full-Time
Montcrest School is a welcoming community that specializes in cultivating incredible young people. We believe in small class sizes and unparalleled student-teacher relationships. We believe individuality is something to protect, not suppress. And we believe in meeting our students with the ideal support—and perfect challenges—for each age and stage, so they emerge as secure, self-directed young people who excel in academics and in life. Simply put, Montcrest helps children become who they’re meant to be.
We are looking for a Director of Advancement. This essential role in our School’s trajectory is a connector, key storyteller, innovator, relationship master, combined with the perfect blend of skills to organize, analyze and report. You will work directly with the Head of School who will champion and support your work.
This unique opportunity will allow you to build upon our history of significant growth in the School’s culture of philanthropy. On the heels of a successful $12 million capital campaign, settling into a new facility, and launching a new brand identity, you will have the opportunity to harness the community’s collective enthusiasm and build up our Annual Campaign and Major Gifts initiative. You will create a new vision and direction for the department, plan strategically, be creative, bold and enjoy advancing the culture of philanthropy at Montcrest.
As a school that is small but mighty, we look for leadership that is energized, focused and motivated to be successful both as an individual and as a team. If professional challenges motivate you, we could be a perfect fit for each other.
You will report to the Head of School and be an important member of our Senior Leadership team.
Here is an outline of what you’ll do:
· Further develop an established Advancement office based on industry best-practices and instilling your bold vision for its future.
· Engage our community in thinking bigger about philanthropy – both in terms of gifts and the culture.
· Strengthen community engagement and build authentic relationships.
· Work with the Head of School and Senior Management Team to develop fundraising priorities and make the case for them to donors.
· Grow the Annual Fund and broaden our community of donors.
· Establish a Major Gifts program and accompanying strategy.
· Be a highly visible member of the community ensuring you embody the culture and community spirit that is Montcrest School.
Here are the skills and attributes you ideally possess:
· Post-secondary degree or diploma.
· 3 to 5 years of experience in Advancement.
· The ability to tell a compelling story, in front of an audience and on the page.
· An entrepreneurial spirit – you think without a box and aren’t afraid to take risks.
· A business mindset – forecast, plan and analyse, actively responding to changes in the not-for-profit environment.
· An innate ability and effective strategies to stay organized.
· A desire to learn and work a cycle of continuous improvement.
· Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
· The ability and desire to laugh. A lot.
Here's what Montcrest will offer:
· The opportunity to shape and build a major gifts program.
· A competitive salary and benefits package.
· Excellent professional development opportunities.
· A welcoming faculty, staff and community that are deeply passionate about our School.
· Start date August 2020 (Negotiable, but we really want you to start with us at the beginning of this unusual school year!)
At Montcrest we value creativity, individuality and new ideas. If you think you’re the right person for the job, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Erin Corbett, Head of School
Montcrest School thanks all interested candidates, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Montcrest School is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any stage during the recruitment process, please contact us so that we may work with you to meet your needs.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to submit a current original Vulnerable Sector Screening from the police jurisdiction in which they reside prior to commencing employment.
For further information, please visit us online at montcrest.ca