Posted On: 2020-09-08
Closing On: 2020-09-22
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Home to over 40 departments and institutes, the University of Toronto's Faculty of Medicine lies at the heart of the Toronto Academic Health Science Network and is a global leader in ground-breaking research and education, spanning clinical medicine, basic science and the rehabilitation sciences sectors.
The Office of Communications (MedComms) creatively promotes the Faculty of Medicine’s impact as one of the world’s top research-intensive medical faculties, training Canada’s next generation of leading physicians, scientists and rehabilitation specialists. MedComms’ team of collaborative professionals delivers award-winningstrategic communications support to the Dean of Medicine and central Faculty units, and acts as a resource to staff embedded across more than 25 departments from biochemistry to surgery.
As the Communications Officer, Alumni Relations, you will be integrated into a collaborative communications department where you will demonstrate initiative, good judgment, and exceptional project management and editorial skill to inspire audiences and advance Faculty of Medicine priorities. Working closely with Advancement and Alumni Relations leaders and colleagues, you will develop and enhance key relationships, develop and execute strategic digital communications plans, create engaging donor-centric content and oversee a range of copy-writing and editorial activities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing digital communication campaigns and programs that support strategic alumni relations objectives, and attract donor prospects
- Developing and implementing communication initiatives, and consulting with clients regarding the development of project scope and resources
- Generating original concepts, writing and editing copy and content to advance digital outreach communication objectives, including acting as the Editor of Alumni digital newsletters
- Collecting and analyzing data to determine trends and effectiveness of digital communication strategies, campaigns and initiatives, and maintains editorial calendars for content
- Building and strengthening relationships with stakeholders and partners of strategic importance
- Bachelor's Degree in corporate communication, public relations, journalism, marketing or related field, or related field, or an equivalent and relevant combination of education and experience
- Minimum five years of professional writing experience in a fundraising environment
- Experience planning and managing communications projects in a consultative manner is essential
- Demonstrated experience writing engaging print and digital content to demonstrate the impact of investment in higher education and medical research
- Demonstrated experience coordinating digital campaigns, including writing concisely, designing and deploying digital materials (e-newsletters, e-vites, social media and web content, and analyzing digital metrics)
- High degree of proficiency working with MS Office Suite, content management systems and Adobe Creative Suite; expertise using applications in email marketing (MailChimp) and digital analytics (Google Analytics)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent research, interviewing, writing, editing and collaborative project management skills is required
- Professional demeanour with a strong customer service orientation and effective interpersonal skills
- Must be adept at meeting deadlines, working independently and prioritizingown workflow
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully under pressure and consider revisions to copy from editors, supervisors and clients/content partners
- Creative and solutions-oriented; passion for communications and donor-centric storytelling; exceptional attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently and manage own work-flow, but also be an enthusiastic and energetic team player who works collaboratively and diplomatically in a complex multi-stakeholder environment
- Brand management experience
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Team player
Interested candidates please apply online.