Posted On: 2020-09-10
Closing On: 2020-09-25
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: November 2, 2020
Employment Type: Full-Time
Posting: Prospect Management and Research Officer
We are seeking an innovative, enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join our Advancement Department full-time as the Prospect Management and Research Officer.
Founded in 1894 and located on a beautiful 22-acre campus in midtown Toronto, Canada, Havergal College is one of Canada’s pre-eminent independent school for girls from Junior Kindergarten through Grade 12. At the forefront of woman’s education for over 125 years, Havergal is grounded in the principles of a liberal arts education and prepares young woman to make a difference. Through our outstanding curricular and co-curricular programs, we nurture a culture of capability that fosters self-confidence, leadership, critical thinking, inquiry-based learning and teamwork within our students.
The Prospect Management & Research Officer will contribute to the strategic use of prospect research and information gathered and regularly evaluate the management of information for Havergal’s Advancement & Community Relations team. In support of Havergal’s Major Gifts program, including the Principal’s Office, this role will manage the identification and investigation of prospects, fundraising volunteers and other key community stakeholders.
Providing exceptional data management services, this position will provide high quality research, prospect analysis and manage the donor prospect pipeline to support fundraising efforts.
- Identify, gather, collect, analyze and synthesize complex financial and biographic data from a wide variety of sources including print, electronic, online and internet-based resources and present the resulting information in a clear summary with supporting graphs and/or charts where useful and essential to provide advice and communicate key insights
- Conduct high quality research on donors and prospective donors; identify key connections and provide strategic recommendations
- Work proactively with the members of the Advancement team to ensure effective progress of prospective donors through the pipeline
- Prepare detailed briefing notes and profiles of prospects and donors to support a cultivation and solicitation strategy
- Working with the data integrity committee, develop, implement and maintain protocols for tracking advancement and community relations related data in the school’s database to ensure that up-to-date, high-quality information is available to facilitate business decision-making and strategic planning.
- Monitor philanthropic trends and relevant comparisons in the marketplace
- Support the Director, Major Gifts and Campaigns in developing new strategies for enhanced prospecting activities and ensure the development of the prospect pipeline
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Post-secondary education in Library Science, Information Science, Mathematics, Business, Social Sciences or a related field
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in prospect management and research experience in a not-for-profit organization
- Strong knowledge of major gifts fundraising
- Extensive computer and software skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office software, CRM platforms, Google Applications, various databases and other research tools. Veracross and Graduway experience considered an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel is required, with experience in statistical software an asset (e.g. SPSS; SAS)
- Professional experience in market and/or public opinion research, including questionnaire design, analysis of cross-tabular data and advanced statistical techniques would be considered an asset.
- Must have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Being detail-oriented, focused and goal-oriented, with a high level of energy.
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to the Core Competencies of:
- Collaborative Team Player
- Integrity & Trust
- Learning Agility
- Reflective Thinking
- Globally Minded
- Self- Management
We offer competitive compensation and generous support for professional, educational and leadership development.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and express their interest to email@example.com no later than September 25th, 2020.We appreciate all applications, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Havergal College is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodations please contact Cathy LeBlanc at 416-483-3519 ext. 6605 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.