Posted On: 2020-10-15
Closing On: 2020-11-14
Location: Toronto or Vancouver
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reporting into the Executive Director, serve as first point of contact for external audiences (e.g. website enquiries, toll-free phone line, email inboxes) including donors, charity partners and potential grantees
- Gift processing including entry and coding of all donations into Raiser’s Edge with a focus on accuracy and speed
- Issue tax receipts and update donor acknowledgement letters
- Provide support to internal stakeholders on online giving systems (e.g. peer-to-peer, corporate giving, auction and text-to-donate platforms)
- Create reports related to campaigns and analyses of donor trends
- Provide admin support to the team to ensure high quality implementation of major gift campaigns (e.g. sending pledge reminders, donor acknowledgement letters, tax receipts and donor recognition reports) and annual giving programs
- Support the implementation and monitoring of donor stewardship and communication activities
- Work in collaboration with the Fundraising Manager to provide support to TELUS team members and external partners organizing fundraising events
- Support the successful implementation of signature fundraising events in collaboration with the team
- 3-5+ years in a fundraising role in a charity, not-for-profit organization or corporate foundation
- Experience with gift processing, tax receipting and the administration of donor communications
- You will be our Raiser’s Edge “guru” and have experience using all aspects of the database
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and G Suite tools such as Google Drive and Slides
- Experience with online fundraising platforms, including setting up peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns (e.g. Raisin)
- Solid commitment to fundraising best practices and ethics, and understanding of CRA regulations
- Post-secondary education in fundraising, communications or event management
- Fluency in both official languages (English & French) is an advantage
- Recognised as being highly collaborative and a strong communicator, you have a spirited teamwork attitude and love helping others
- As the first point of contact for team members and charities, your friendly and helpful disposition builds trust and provides an exceptional client experience
- You have strong organisational skills and are motivated to reach your goals
- Regarded as highly adaptable, you are calm when faced with change and/or ambiguity
- Noted for your curiosity, love of learning and continuous improvement mindset
- You are keen to develop innovative ways to embrace technology in order to streamline systems and enhance the donor experience
- Comfortable working across multi-functional teams in a complex environment
- Knowing that you are making a difference every day to improve the lives of vulnerable Canadians
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Interested candidates please apply online.