Posted On: 2020-11-05
Closing On: 2020-12-04
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Effective: As soon as possible
Employment Type: Full-Time
Do you have a passion for digital marketing and fundraising? Does growing a program excite and inspire you to do your best work? Do you strive to exceed expectations every day in every way? If this is you, read on!
Operation Smile Canada is seeking a practicing digital marketer/fundraiser to join our dynamic team of accomplished fundraisers and help us achieve our “wildly important goals.”
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit and a can-do attitude. You thrive in a fast-paced working environment where you juggle dozens of balls in the air, all at the same time, while providing a high level of service and accuracy. You love putting smiles on people’s faces and are a master at anticipating needs, solving problems and delivering results. You do whatever it takes to get the job done, very well. Making a positive impact means more to you than punching the clock.
We’re a volunteer-delivered global medical charity that provides free surgery to repair cleft lip, cleft palate and other facial differences for children and young adults. Active in over 60 countries around the world, we exist to make sure everyone gets the safe corrective surgery and complete care they need (through our comprehensive care centres) wherever they live in the world.
Through our medical and education missions around the world and guided by our Medical Global Standards, we are at the forefront of enabling local communities in low- and middle-income countries to provide safe surgery because we believe access to safe surgery is a basic right. For more information, check us out at: www.operationsmile.ca.
The Digital Marketing/Fundraising Specialist contributes their subject matter expertise, real-world knowledge and leading-edge practices to build our digital fundraising platforms and presence. The Digital Marketing/Fundraising Specialist anticipates, plans for and implements digital solutions that maximize fundraising results, and enhance our digital brand communications. This position is deeply connected with the Brand, Communications, Direct Marketing and Community Engagement teams, helping to achieve ambitious fundraising goals.
As the key person of “all things digitally integrated” with staff and key volunteers, this position works very closely with the Director of Development to write, design, develop and maintain a variety of digital channels including, but not limited to, the Foundation’s websites, event microsites, peer-to-peer platforms, social platforms, donation landing pages and sites, email marketing and other digital properties as needed.
This role is integral in the Foundation’s ability to maintain and enhance our digital presence and digital fundraising, grow our online communities and increase revenue by inspiring people to give through our exceptional donor care - online and offline.
Your Key Functions and Accountabilities
- Social Media content development, scheduling, writing, approvals, posting and monitoring follower feedback
- Design, develop and execute email marketing campaigns while maintaining the email marketing calendar
- Maintain, update, develop, and enhance the Foundation websites and social media platforms (FB,IG,YT,T,LI, etc)
- Design, develop and maintain event microsites and peer-to-peer fundraising sites
- Work in collaboration with data integrity and insights team to ensure all data is appropriately captured and transferred from event and donation sites to central database
- Ensure websites/social platforms are SEO/SMO optimized
- Work with staff team to obtain content and data for email marketing and other needs
- Collaborate and liaise with external vendors on digital projects
- Coordinate with various staff teams to ensure digital projects are meeting their needs
- Maintain and optimize digital search and display advertising, including testing and reporting
- Create, adapt or procure graphics, photography and video for digital properties
- Project manage new digital projects from project initiation through to implementation
- Champion usability and accessibility
- Maintain knowledge of industry practices and trends in fundraising, digital fundraising, communications, and digital consumer trends
- Use digital tools to develop metrics and analytics that lead to optimization and support strategic objectives for digital platforms
- Other duties as required
Your Skills and Traits
Aside from always smiling, you are an enthusiastic team-player who is very comfortable with technology and has strong working knowledge of digital fundraising and marketing, and web development best practices. You have demonstrable experience writing, email marketing and fundraising, website development, peer-to-peer/donation platforms, and brand optimization. You understand the data flow and integration between Raisers Edge, Luminate Online and Team Raiser.
You have experience working in a dynamic and fast-paced fundraising (or digital agency) environment and can set priorities, multi-task, and manage multiple projects with multiple stakeholders and vendors and tight timelines. You are highly oriented towards customer service and donor care. You can work collaboratively with both internal and external teams and build trusting relationships with internal clients. Finally, you’re a “quick study” and the kind of person who can work equally well as part of a team and independently.
Desired Qualifications and Required Skills
- Working knowledge of Raisers Edge, Luminate Online and Team Raiser
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in a relevant field such as digital marketing, graphic design or web development
- Minimum three-plus years of direct experience working in digital fundraising, marketing and design, preferably in the not for profit sector
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite to design in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and other web software tools
- Knowledge of domain/hosting management
- Knowledge of AODA/CASL compliance
How to Apply
Please submit your resume or CV along with a cover letter (together as one PDF document) to: email@example.com. Please ensure the subject line of your email contains the position title: Digital Marketing Specialist
Address your cover letter to:
Zak Bailey, CFRE
Director of Development
Operation Smile Canada
Resumes will be received and reviewed promptly until the position is filled.
Thank you for your interest in being part of our smile movement at Operation Smile Canada. We look forward to hearing from you. In the meantime, keep smiling - a child is counting on it!