Posted On: 2020-11-07
Closing On: 2020-11-27
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: As soon as possible
Employment Type: Full-Time
NPower Canada is seeking a Development Coordinator who is responsible for contributing to the planning, monitoring, and achievement of the organization’s annual and long-term fundraising goals. Grants from governments, foundations, and corporations make it possible for NPower Canada to empower underserved youth and launch them into meaningful and sustainable digital careers. The Development Coordinator will be primarily responsible for coordinating funder-focused events, nurturing existing-donor relationships, prospecting new funding opportunities, and writing impact reports.
Donor Relations & Stewardship
- Contribute to overarching stewardship strategy: identifying and implementing new fundraising techniques, goals, and donor engagement opportunities.
- Prospect and support solicitation of new funders to help create mutually beneficial partnerships and support the organization’s revenue generation.
- Maintain regular contact and check-ins with established funders, providing updates on progress and impact of their donations.
- Collaborate with the Communications and Marketing team to create and distribute engaging and informative communication materials for both current and potential funders.
- Coordinate funder-focused events, and meetings; collaborate with the Employer Engagement team to help develop volunteer opportunities for funders.
- Oversee the administration of the donor database that supports NPower Canada’s fundraising and stewardship initiatives.
Proposal Development & Impact Reporting
- Collaborate with various teams to develop, customize, and maintain a body of current research and program impact data, including statistics, citations, stories, and student testimonials.
- Support the preparation of proposals and progress reports as mandated, to funders.
- Update and help maintain the annual development calendar, inputting, tracking, and monitoring upcoming and submitted grant applications and funding reports.
- Post-secondary education in Communications, Nonprofit Management, Fundraising or a related field and a minimum of 2 years progressive experience in donor relations or fundraising.
- Strong understanding of stewardship and donor cultivation processes.
- Strong ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and achieve results in a fast-paced team environment.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, driven, and results-focused.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Clear, precise, and compelling writing skills.
- Proficient working with Microsoft Office and Google platforms. Experience with a CRM and donor management software is a strong asset.
To submit application, please visit https://npowercanada.ca/careers/ and click View Details under Development Coordinator.