Posted On: 2020-11-07
Closing On: 2020-11-27
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: As soon as possible
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada (currently work-from-home due to pandemic)
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Mid Level
This is an exciting career opportunity for a growth-oriented development professional with a passion for communicating impact. Reporting directly to the Manager, Development, the Specialist, Grants and Reporting will prepare successful grant applications along with timely, accurate and insightful reports to funders and stakeholders. The Specialist, Grants and Reporting will possess exceptional writing skills with the ability to craft and tailor messaging to diverse audiences. This position will also work closely with the Manager, Evaluation to leverage outcomes-based data and related insights to demonstrate robust program impact to current and prospective funders.
Developing Grant Applications
- Carefully analyze grant application requirements to ensure that proposals are drafted in full compliance with funder requirements.
- Work closely with Manager, Evaluation to integrate relevant statistics, outcome-based reporting and data-driven insights into funding proposals.
- Collaborate with Program and Marketing teams to develop and incorporate concise and compelling program success stories into grant applications.
- Customize proposal narratives to align value proposition to specific funders based on their individual priorities.
- Prepare final drafts of grant applications for Manager, Development for review ahead of schedule, allowing for sufficient time to incorporate edits and feedback prior to submission.
- Collaborate with Manager, Development and Director, Finance and Operations on proposal budget development.
Preparing Reports to Funders
- Update and track deadlines for reports to funders; alert Development team to upcoming deadlines at least 4-6 weeks ahead of schedule.
- Collaborate with Manager, Development and Sr. Analyst, Accounting to provide financial updates for interim and final reports.
- Collaborate with Manager, Evaluation to integrate program updates on outcomes achieved, best practices and lessons learned into funder reports.
- Submit draft reports to Manager, Development for review and feedback ahead of submission.
- Support Manager, Development with maintaining and updating relevant data and files pertaining to each current and prospective funder.
Prospecting and Cultivation
- Support Manager, Development with prospect research, identifying potential prospects (foundations, individuals, and corporate donors) and help maintain a prospect database.
- Consult with Manager, Development on strategy for approaching qualified leads.
- Pursue leads by sending unsolicited letters of intent and proposals and booking discovery meetings, among other techniques.
- 3+ years of professional experience in writing successful grant applications and preparing comprehensive funder reports.
- Post-secondary education in a related field (e.g. Fundraising, Marketing and Communications, Public Policy) preferred.
- Bilingual English/French is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to secure new and renewed funding by crafting compelling proposals in alignment with funder expectations and guidelines.
- Adept at tailoring key messages to specific funders and audiences.
- Highly detail-oriented with strong editing and proofreading abilities.
- Experience in supporting donor research, prospecting and cultivation.
- Proficiency in utilizing databases and CRM systems for data analysis and reporting; familiarity with Salesforce is an asset.
To submit application, please visit https://npowercanada.ca/careers/ and click View Details under Specialist, Grants and Reporting.