The Associate of Major Gifts provides support to our strategic campaign communications, liaising with campaign cabinet co-chairs and volunteers, and reviewing and analyzing donor lists and financial updates for accuracy; in addition, supporting the executive administrative needs of the Vice President of Major Gifts, Vice President of Campaign and the President & Chief Development Officer.
- Serve as point-of-contact for the Major Gifts Team for general Campaign Cabinet communications, troubleshooting donor issues and elevating challenges when needed
- Provide project oversight for Major Gift-led community and sector strategies developing work-back schedules and timelines to ensure next steps are achieved and documented, liaising with strategy-specific Advisory Councils
- Work with Major Gift fundraisers to track progress of donor moves, management steps,analyze current and future pipelines ensuring accuracy in database, and liaise with variousBusiness Units to ensure that timelines for "next steps" are documented and realized
- Schedule donor calls and ensure the Vice Presidents and President are prepared for all meetings and carry forward any action items through calendar management
- Support the Vice-Presidents and President in preparing financial and activity-based reportsfor various Boards and Committees, including weekly, monthly and quarterly reports, as wellas, mid-year and full year budgeting reports
- Maintain a high-level of contact with internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to fundraising goals by assisting senior management in achieving their objectives
- Assist Major Gift Coordinators when required and any additional office duties and projects as assigned
- Manage the creation, briefing and distribution of meeting agendas and materials; arrange meeting facilities and catering; transcribe and compose minutes
- Liaise across various Business Units to help advance key campaign activities, including training, fundraising priorities, progress tracking, campaign materials, cabinet e-newsletters and staff partner communications
- Minimum 3 years experience in fundraising, marketing, project management, oradministration
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Exceptional organization skills and ability to coordinate multiple projects within tightlyprescribed timelines
- In-depth understanding of Blackbaud or other database management software
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office) and ability to learn and use new softwareprograms
- Team player; ability to take initiative and work collaboratively with other Foundation teams
- Ability to work well under deadline pressure;
- Detail-oriented and proactive in anticipating and responding to team's needs and managemultiple and changing priorities
- High energy and level of enthusiasm, ability to work independently
Nice-to-haves (Please apply even if some of these do not apply to you)
- Working knowledge of fundraising
- Supporting senior leadership within an organization
- Project Management experience or PMP certification
We're looking for a passionate individual who is interested in moving the dial and making a difference. If you don't check all of the skills outlined above, that's okay! If you think you check off some of the boxes and have potential to learn and succeed, we want to hear from you.
SickKids Foundation leads the fight for The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids), one of the world's foremost pediatric health-care institutions. Founded in1972. SickKids Foundation is the largest charitable funder of child health research, learning and care in Canada. As a national charity, SickKids Foundation also invests in national and international initiatives to benefit children in Canada and around the world. Philanthropy is a critical source of funding for SickKids. Thanks to the generosity of the community, and as a result of a record-breaking year in fundraising, SickKids Foundation generated an unprecedented $190 million for the fiscal year ending March 31. 2020.We achieve that by not being ordinary in anything we do.
SickKids Foundation is committed to creating an inclusive culture where expressing our authentic selves is celebrated. This includes embedding diversity and inclusion in our policies, practices and behaviors, to build skills. knowledge and awareness of diversity and inclusion across the Foundation and with our external partners. The Foundation is committed to fostering a safe, accessible and positive working environment. For further information on SickKids Foundation's commitment to Diversity & Inclusion, click here to read our Diversity & Inclusion Policy and Commitment statement.
HOURS: 35 hours per week Monday to Friday
AVAILABLE TO: Internal and External Candidates DEADLINE: November 30, 2020
SUBMIT RESUME TO:
Please apply on-line by visiting www.sickkidsfoundation.com/careersandvolunteers
SickKids Foundation is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all individuals feel valued, respected and supported. Candidates who require accommodation during the recruitment process should contact the Human Resources Department.