Posted On: 2020-11-19
Closing On: 2020-12-04
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Employment Type: Full-Time
JOB POSTING – MASS MARKET MANAGER - CANADA
Organization: Right To Play International
Department/Division: Canadian National Office
Work location: Toronto, Canada (other working arrangements are possible)
Authorized to work in: Canada
Closing Date: December 4, 2020
Right To Play is a global organisation that protects, educates and empowers children to rise above adversity using play. By harnessing play, one of the most powerful and fundamental forces in a child’s life, we helped 2.3 million children last year to stay in school and out of work, to prevent life-threatening diseases like HIV and malaria and to stay safe from exploitation and abuse. We are the only global development organization focused exclusively on using play to transform the lives of children and youth impacted by poverty, war, disease and inequality.
Established in 2000, Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in 22 countries across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
At the heart of our work in Canada is a theory of change that sees a collaborative partnership between Right To Play and local communities, schools and organizations as fundamental to promoting positive child and youth development. Today, Right To Play works in partnership with 85+ Indigenous communities to empower over 7,000 children and youth through our PLAY (Promoting Life-skills in Aboriginal Youth) program.
With a shared passion for our mission, our Culture Code guides how we act and interact based on five core pillars:
- Accept Everyone – Be intentional about inclusion
- Make Things Happen – Seek opportunities to lead and innovate
- Display Courage – Act with integrity
- Demonstrate Care – Look after yourself and one another
- Be Playful – Have fun at work
Right To Play’s (RTP) Canadian National Office (CNO) is a busy hub, generating revenue of $12M annually for RTP’s programs, and providing crucial support in advancing our vision of a healthy and safe world through the power of sport and play. The Mass Market team is responsible for raising over $1M annually from new and existing supporters. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications, the Mass Market Manager is an important leadership role, with overall responsibility for significantly increasing the donor base and positioning Right To Play Canada for future growth.
The Mass Market Manager is a key leader in guiding a multi-channel acquisition and retention strategy for all donors giving less than $1000, including spearheading the growth of our national monthly giving program. The role requires a focus on carrying out data driven strategies to build a diversified and sustainable base of supporters. The portfolio includes the acquisition of donors through face-to-face, digital and on-line appeals, and the ongoing stewardship of all mass market donors.
The Manager will work collaboratively with the CNO and HQ Fundraising and Communications teams, to integrate consistent and current brand messaging throughout all content and materials of the Mass Market portfolio.
The Manager will set annual budgets and objectives, establish and implement strategies to reach those objectives, and monitor progress. They will be responsible for evaluating the lifecycle of these initiatives in an effort to keep the programs relevant for constituents and productive for the organization.
In addition to leading the strategy for the team, the Manager, Mass Market, will supervise two direct reports, ensuring that the growth and development of its members support the overall goals of the team. ___________________________________________________________________________________________
Job Responsibility #1: Mass Market (95% of Time):
- Raise annual revenue of $1,000,000, across multiple mass market channels
- Lead on all aspects of monthly giving program
- Vendor negotiations and management
- Develop, implement and manage a comprehensive, integrated and strategic mass market program that includes renewal, upgrade, and acquisition strategies across several channels including face to face and various digital approaches to acquisition
- Significantly grow the donor file and improve donor experience and satisfaction through data based decision making
- Accelerate fast-growing digital channels including email, web, social media, and search (in collaboration with communications department)
- Work closely with Marketing and Communications team to ensure all materials are aligned with the brand and relevant key messages
- Mitigate risk to by regularly monitoring attrition, gift size and other mass market trends and KPIs against goals
- Develop revenue and expense forecasts for donor acquisition campaigns
- Collaborate with Senior Manager, Major Gifts to develop and maintain pipeline of donors
- Ensure there is consistent, regular and meaningful stewardship of all donors within this segment
- Deepen engagement of donors through effective use of sophisticated donor journeys (in collaboration with the communications team)
- Partner with the Finance and Communications teams to maintain an efficient stewardship process to ensure donors receive personalized and timely communication and acknowledgment in line with the donor service model
Job Responsibility #2: Other Duties as Assigned (5% of Time):
- Regular contributor to senior team meetings as well as the annual and strategic planning of CNO
- Ensure Mass Market team plans are organized to achieve maximum impact, revenue and growth
Required (must have):
- Degree from a relevant university program or college related diploma
- Post graduate degree or accreditation would be preferable
- Experience within a multi-national non-profit preferred
- Experience with fundraising for internationally based programs preferred.
- CFRE designation
- Five plus years of progressive fundraising experience and/or related agency or mass market experience
- Experience in both digital fundraising and monthly donor acquisition programs
- Proven leadership qualities and experience mentoring direct reports to achieve results
COMPETENCIES / PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to relate with different levels of stakeholders, interpreting complex programs and ideas to a varied audience
- Proven ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines
- A hands-on team player
- Understanding of databases and data segmentation techniques
- Strong strategic planning and critical thinking skills
- Maintain a high degree of motivation and superior work ethic
- Ambitious, proactive, results and deadline oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong research ability and understanding of donor analytics
- Strong financial acumen; forecasting/reporting and budget management
- Extensive experience working with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience of leveraging fundraising CRM systems for the oversight of mass market acquisition and stewardship programs
- Marketing proficiency
- Fluency in written and spoken English
WHO YOU ARE:
You are highly driven, results-oriented, collaborative and well-rounded leader with a passion for working with children and youth. You are an exceptional communicator with excellent networking skills. You are thrilled at the opportunity to make an impact in the Indigenous communities across Canada.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
The opportunity to work with a passionate, innovative and collaborative team where you have the ability to make things happen. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including Group RRSP Plan with 3% matching contributions, gym membership, flexible work policy (e.g. work from home and flex hours) and summer/winter hours.
Target Start Date: Immediate
Contract Duration: Permanent/Full-time
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in applying for this position, kindly apply here. Please indicate your salary expectations in the cover letter.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Shortlisting of applications will begin immediately and interviews may be held before the closing date.
Right To Play provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance.
We are a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory police record check and vulnerable sector screening as a condition of employment.
Should you require any form of accommodation during the recruitment process, kindly contact the People & Culture team by email at email@example.com
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.righttoplay.com.