Posted On: 2020-12-14
Closing On: 2021-01-14
Location: St.Catharines, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
A Day in the Life…
Reporting to the Director, Development and Stewardship the Major Gifts Officer is responsible for managing all aspects of the donor development cycle, including identification, engagement, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors and prospects. Supported by a team of professionals, the incumbent will successfully meet and exceed their annual and multi-year fundraising goals, while serving as a key member of the integrated University Advancement and External Relations team and working to deliver exceptional results for the University.
As the Major Gifts Officer, you will:
- Identify, cultivate and solicit individuals, foundations and corporations for gifts of $25,000+.
- Actively build and manage a portfolio of 150-175 prospects and donors.
- Commit to key performance targets of meetings, moves management and solicitations.
- Identify and develop engagement strategies for new prospects.
- Collaborate with Faculty members on prospect management and stewardship strategies for Alumni donors and prospects.
- Build and cultivate relationships with alumni, key stakeholders and members of the community.
- Collaborate with team members in the development of proposals, reports and other related collateral aligned with donor interests.
- Liaise with the prospect research team to develop briefing materials to individuals attending donor meetings.
- In collaboration with Director of Development, identify opportunities for the President and Vice-Chancellor, the Associate Vice-President Advancement and External Relations, the Provost, Deans and other University representatives to participate in development activities.
- Ensure that proper recognition and stewardship practices are implemented based on the level of donation and gift direction.
- Provide the Director of Development and Deans (where appropriate) with monthly reports on activities and overall fundraising progress toward goals.
- Document information related to prospects and donors in Raiser’s Edge database.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the department and recommend industry best practises.
What you need to succeed…
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline.
- 3-5 years of major gift, fundraising, or relevant experience (preferably in an educational institution) with a successful track record soliciting and raising major gifts (over $25,000).
- Comprehensive understanding of fundraising principles and strategies including ability to assess and match prospects to best suited philanthropic opportunities.
- Thorough understanding of University-level education and the philanthropic environment in Ontario, Canada, and internationally.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills as well as face-to-face relationship building skills.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge NXT database or a similar fundraising database.
- The ability to work effectively in an environment with sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Strong research, judgement, creative, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) certification.
Salary and Benefit Information
- Job Level M, Min $60,767 - Max $75,000
Due to the impact of COVID-19, the successful incumbent will be offered to work remotely at this time. At a time when it is safe to do so, the successful incumbent will work on campus however remote work options can be discussed with the Director, Development and Stewardship.
How to apply:
Kindly follow the following link to apply: