Posted On: 2020-12-16
Closing On: 2021-01-15
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Community-based services. Positive relationships. Life-changing programs. As Canada’s largest child- and youth-serving charitable organization, Boys and Girls Clubs provide vital programs and services to over 200,000 young people in 775 communities across Canada. During critical out-of-school hours, our Clubs help young people discover who they are, what they can do, and how they can get there. Our trained staff and volunteers give them the tools to realize positive outcomes in self-expression, academics, healthy living, physical activity, mental health, leadership, and more. Since 1900, Boys and Girls Clubs have opened their doors to children, youth, and families in small and large cities, and rural and Indigenous communities. If a young person needs it, our Clubs provide it. Learn more at bgccan.com.
The Senior Manager, Corporate Engagement is a dynamic fundraising professional who will join our team in Toronto to cultivate, solicit, and steward our growing roster of corporate partners.
You are growth-oriented, high energy, and always thinking about where the next opportunities are. That said, you also know how to successfully steward existing relationships and ensure they remain as rewarding for our partners as they are for us.
You have a track record in securing five-figure gifts and sponsorships. Skilled at building new relationships and finding creative partnership solutions, you think and act strategically. You are also great at preparing and presenting pitches and writing grant proposals.
In addition to building new relationships, you will also manage a portfolio of partners focused on retention, stewardship, annual reporting, acknowledgement, and recognition. You know how to surprise and delight partners in meaningful ways that ensure our relationships stay strong.
Behind the scenes, you are a great partner to all our internal teams, with an excellent track record of inter-departmental cooperation and collaboration. You bring experience in planning, coordination and experience in the execution of corporate fundraising and/or donor recognition events and marketing campaigns. We work with our Clubs in a federated model, and an understanding of that structure is also helpful.
To join our small but mighty team, you will have over seven years of experience in the successful cultivation of strategic partnerships. A CFRE designation is an asset. Also, you must have a proven record that demonstrates the ability to assess market opportunities and translate them into actionable strategies necessary to achieve our important revenue objectives.
Some basics we’ll also look for include:
- French language skills are a strong asset
- Very strong presentation and verbal communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to write/speak clearly and persuasively
- Highly organized with strong time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Additional certifications in not-for-profit, corporate social responsibility, and fundraising an asset
- Minimum seven years experience in a related field
- Excellent strategic planning, organizational, problem solving, and project management skills
- Ability to adapt to a demanding and changing work environment, handle multiple tasks, balance continuous demands, prioritize projects, and meet deadlines
- Strong ability to build relationships and facilitate deliverables with senior executives, associates at all levels, volunteers, community partners, and donors
- Analytical and know how to establish priorities
- Solid computer skills in a PC environment with a strong working knowledge of Salesforce preferred
If you are interested in this exciting role, we would like to hear from you. Please forward your CV and cover letter in confidence to HR@bgccan.com and include the position title in the subject line of your email.
Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada is committed to providing an inclusive workplace that embraces diversity, values differences, and supports the full participation of all employees. We offer accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process, upon request.
Candidates must demonstrate their commitment to BGCC values, which can be found here. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration for the role will be contacted.