The Canadian Red Cross Society (CRCS), a not-for-profit, humanitarian organization is seeking a Coordinator-Marketing, National Direct Marketing to join our Philanthropy team. This is a unique opportunity to work with a world recognized brand, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world.
Direct mail plays a significant role in generating funds to support the Society’s mission. Under the direction of the Manager, National Direct Mail, the Coordinator, Marketing will assist in the implementation of the Core Direct Mail Programs including House, High Value, Acquisition, Blended Giving and Disaster Conversion. You will be the key contact with the Core direct mail agency to facilitate the execution and deployment of 52 appeals a year, ensuring that campaigns mail with complete accuracy and on time. You will also be responsible for managing communication to internal and external audiences regarding direct mail programs.
Who you are:
- You are a self-starter and able to work in an environment with ambiguity
- You are supportive, and productive team member, and preferably can demonstrate a high level of awesomeness.
- You excel in a matrix environment and will understand and value the need to work collaboratively with colleagues in a structure that is designed around the philosophy of “One Red Cross.”
- You are a dynamic, experienced professional who embraces the fast-paced environment of an organization that responds to the key issues of our time.
- You pay attention to detail, have a positive professional attitude, and the ability to work interdependently with colleagues from various programs.
You will enjoy:
- Culture: an organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality
- Opportunity: to work with the best and brightest in the non-profit field, in an environment that promotes continuous learning, creativity and collaboration
- Employee Benefits: achieve a work/life balance for you and your new team with competitive vacation time, generous personal days and flexible work arrangements
- Meaningful Work: you will have the opportunity to grow and learn through meaningful work at one of Canada’s largest non-profit organizations that supports emergencies and saves lives
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the National Direct Mail Program which include handling the day-to-day relationship with external vendor(s) as well as performing production management duties in the areas of:
- Copy and Design
- Monitoring Direct Mail expenses and revenue for the Core programs which involve tracking expenses and revenues related to the annual program budgets, as well as reconciling expenses to budget and report any discrepancies
- Managing communication to internal and external audiences regarding Direct Mail program
We’re looking for:
- Completion of a 3 year post secondary program from a recognized , preferably in Marketing, Communications, or Fund Development
- 3 - 5 years of progressive, relevant experience in production or project management
- Strong concentration skills, detail oriented
- Able to review processes, assess the amount of time tasks take
- Strong problem-solving skills, able to effectively navigate internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex information and to communicate it to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated track record of implementation of targeted direct mail marketing campaigns
- Knowledge of direct mail donor relation principles and data segmentation techniques.
- Knowledge of UNITY CRM database an asset
- Excellent organizational, planning and hands-on implementation skills
- Demonstrated project management
- The ability to manage effectively in a changing environment with multiple conflicting demands
- Bilingualism (English/French) an asset
- Commitment to the Principles of the Red Cross Movement
- This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record check.
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.
Interested candidates please apply online