Posted On: 2021-01-04
Closing On: 2021-01-18
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
JOB POSTING – Finance and Business Operations Manager
Organization: Right To Play International
Department/Division: Canadian National Office (CNO)
Work location: Toronto, Canada
Authorized to work in: Canada (ability to work legally without requiring sponsorship)
Closing Date: January 18, 2021
Salary Range: $70,000-$76,000 CAD per annum
Right To Play is a global organisation that protects, educates and empowers children to rise above adversity using play. By harnessing play, one of the most powerful and fundamental forces in a child’s life, we helped 2.3 million children last year to stay in school and out of work, to prevent life-threatening diseases like HIV and malaria and to stay safe from exploitation and abuse. We are the only global development organization focused exclusively on using play to transform the lives of children and youth impacted by poverty, war, disease and inequality.
Established in 2000, Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in 22 countries across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
With a shared passion for our mission, our Culture Code guides how we act and interact based on five core pillars:
- Accept Everyone – Be intentional about inclusion
- Make Things Happen – Seek opportunities to lead and innovate
- Display Courage – Act with integrity
- Demonstrate Care – Look after yourself and one another
- Be Playful – Have fun at work
The Finance and Business Operations Manager will play an important role in the oversight of all operations and finance processes for the Canadian National Office. The Manager will oversee the successful implementation and ongoing improvement of business processes for the team. This includes overseeing timely and accurate recording of donations and constituent records in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, tracking budget and financial data, and coordinating day-to-day business operations. This position works collaboratively and consultatively across the team to develop and coordinate internal processes and best practices that provide internal support to the fundraising teams.
This position reports to the National Director, Canada and has one direct report.
Job Responsibility #1: Financial Management (20% of Time):
- Oversees CNO’s financial and information systems; develops and implements controls over these systems
- Manages and reports on the fundraising forecast; performs variance and trend analysis on key revenue sources
- In conjunction with the National Director, develops the annual budget and ensures the appropriateness of assumptions
- Works with the CNO’s Event & Sponsorship Manager to develop and manage fundraising event budgets
- Oversees the recording of all donations in Customer Relationship Management database (CRM) in a timely and accurate manner
- Supports the Finance and Business Operations Coordinator who works with RTP HQ Finance Team to ensure revenue reconciliation between MCRM and Business Central
Job Responsibility #2: Database Management (30% of Time):
- Oversees the use of Right To Play’s Customer Relationship Management database (CRM) as a donor management tool; trains and supports CNO teams in the proper use of the system
- Develops and maintains reports and purpose-specific database queries as required
- Works with the Global Philanthropy team and the IT Systems and Solutions team to develop best practices for CRM use within the CNO
- Maintains the overall quality and integrity of the CRM database, including working with IT and CNO Fundraising staff to troubleshoot problems and staying current with updates to the system.
- Produces lists, queries and reports from CRM for fundraising initiatives
Job Responsibility #3: Operations Management (30% of Time):
- Oversees the ongoing smooth operations of the CNO team by developing and overseeing effective processes in support of the fundraising activity
- Serves as a key member of the CNO events team for all digital fundraising strategies to ensure systems design, business operations, e-commerce, accurate communications and reporting and full integration post event to MCRM
- Ensures CNO staff are fully trained and supported to successfully execute business procedures and policies
Job Responsibility #4: Reporting (15% of Time):
- Provides timely and accurate monthly management reports to management and Right To Play International
- Creation of report suite that cover all aspects of the health of the CNO (i.e. Revenue, expenses and activity to support fundraising efforts)
- With the assistance of the Finance and Business Operations Assistant provides CNO team with weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting.
Job Responsibility #5: Other Tasks as Assigned (5% of Time)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Must have):
- Post-secondary diploma or undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business or Finance; or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum of five years of experience in business operations including budget analysis
- Demonstrated experience in database management
- Adaptable with the aptitude to work well under pressure, and manage multiple competing and/or changing priorities
- A team player who is collaborative and innovative
- Excellent organizational skills; systematic in follow-through of tasks; diligent, with strong attention to detail
- Results-oriented with a willingness to learn and take initiative
- Demonstrates professionalism and integrity, with strong judgement skills and ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- General knowledge of fundraising practices, procedures and standards preferred
- Affinity for the mission and mandate of Right To Play
- Extensive experience of working with Microsoft Office applications, including advanced Excel experience
- Experience working with accounting software
- Extensive knowledge of using database systems such as Microsoft CRM, Salesforce or Raiser’s Edge
- Fluency in oral and written English
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (An Asset)
- Fluency in French
- Experience and working knowledge of relational databases and comfortable working with large data sets
- Experience with data visualization software such as Power BI or Tableau
WHO YOU ARE:
You are highly driven, results-oriented, collaborative and well-rounded leader with a passion for working with children and youth. You are an exceptional communicator with excellent collaboration skills.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
The opportunity to work with a passionate, innovative and collaborative team where you have the ability to make things happen. You will gain experience working for a Great Place to Work® Canada Certified and globally recognized organization with a healthy culture premised on our Culture Code (accept everyone, make things happen, display courage, demonstrate care and be playful). In addition, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, gym membership, flexible work policy (e.g. work from home and flex hours) and summer/winter hours
Target Start Date: Immediate
Contract Duration: Permanent/Full-time
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply here to upload your resume and cover letter.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Shortlisting of applications will begin immediately and interviews may be held before the closing date.
Right To Play provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance.
We are a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory police record check as a condition of employment.