Posted On: 2021-01-04
Closing On: 2021-01-22
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: As soon as possible.
Employment Type: Full-Time
As climate change and nature loss become top of mind for people in Canada, many of Canada’s esteemed philanthropic families are interested in supporting environmental causes. This senior role will connect high net worth individuals whom are interested and concerned for the environment and climate change with opportunities to support WWF-Canada’s impactful mission.
The incumbent will be responsible for developing and executing strategies that secure large major gifts from existing major gifts donors and identifying new high net worth prospects through a process of research and networking. They will ensure quality stewardship with these donors to maintain engagement, interest and support.
The Lead, Philanthropy & Donor Engagement will work closely with internal team members such as the President and CEO, Senior Vice President and Chief Conservation Officer, and the Development team. As well working closely with external teams and individuals such as board members, senior volunteers, and existing donors, to engage high net-worth prospects and donors in WWF-Canada’s work. This will be achieved through individual meetings, regular and continuous correspondence, conservation curated activities, and other exclusive events aimed at inspiring people to contribute to WWF-Canada’s mission as donors and community advocates. An ability to empathize and connect with this highly informed, environmentally aware, and philanthropic group of donors and clearly communicate WWF-Canada’s mission is key.
This is a full-time permanent position that will require safe travel for the purpose of frequently attending events, public speaking engagements, in-person donor meetings, and other related activities.
This position will be onboarded remotely and upon reopening, primarily based from WWF-Canada’s Toronto office.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity with WWF-Canada. Please note as this position must be based in Ontario, the application and interview processes will be hosted in English. Please refer to the English version of this posting to submit you application, which we look forward to reviewing.
- 10+ years of experience in revenue generation at a national level with a strong focus delivering major gifts, sales, business development or related strategies.
- Experience focused in the charitable sector; specifically, on wildlife, climate, or green causes is an asset.
- Established record of securing annual major gifts or revenue targets that have translated into transformational impact.
- Highly adaptable and collaborative fundraising or sales professional; strongly rooted in the donor community with an established network of philanthropic leaders is an asset.
- Influential and persuasive proponent of wildlife and the environment; aligned to WWF-Canada’s mission and committed to act on its behalf to harness and strategically invest the collective power of our donors.
- Strategic thinker with strong relationship building and management skills.
- Familiarity with customer relationship management systems to track and cultivate potential donors; experience in Raisers’ Edge is an asset.
- Strong business acumen with an executive presence and the ability to inspire, coach and motivate others.