Posted On: 2021-01-04
Closing On: 2021-01-31
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Title: Events and Administration Coordinator (Full-time position)
Reports to: Executive Director, AFP Greater Toronto Chapter
The organization: The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Greater Toronto Chapter is a recognized leader in promoting philanthropy and providing education, training and best practices for those in the fundraising profession. With more than 1200 members, the Greater Toronto Chapter is the largest of the more than 241 AFP chapters throughout the world.
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) is the professional association of individuals and organizations that generate philanthropic support for a wide variety of charitable institutions. Founded in 1960, AFP advances philanthropy through its 33,000 members in more than 241 chapters throughout the world. AFP has inspired global change and supported efforts that have generated over $1 trillion. AFP’s individual and organizational members raise over $115 billion annually, equivalent to one-third of all charitable giving in North America, and millions more around the world.
The Position: This position is full-time at the AFP Greater Toronto Chapter, with some evening hours. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual capable of working in a fast-paced, small team environment. The Events and Administration Coordinator coordinates all the professional development, networking and committee events administration for the Greater Toronto Chapter in order to provide the utmost quality in education, delegate experience and volunteer support. The position will be working remotely in 2021 (but is generally based out of the AFP Greater Toronto Chapter downtown Toronto office).
Key Responsibilities include:
- Aiding in the planning and development of events
- Designing and implementing event logistics in person or virtually as needed
- Coordinating registration including financial administration and reconciliation
- Maintaining the database
- Liaising with committee members, event speakers and facilities representatives
- Conducting post-event evaluation and analysis
- Coordinates logistics with speakers, and facilities representatives and maintains the program calendar
- Assist in creating content for digital channels including website, social media channels and e-mails to promote events
- Work closely with management software company to develop a more efficient and integrated database, communications and registration system
- Assist in ensuring the accuracy of records in the database and update where required
- Hosting virtual events through various platforms
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- The ideal candidate will be interested in pursuing a career in the Association Management or non-profit sectors
- Must be able to communicate effectively and clearly with individuals at high levels, both internally and externally, in a timely and diplomatic manner
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and follow through on all requests in a timely and appropriate manner
- Must be innovative, creative, highly motivated self-starter
- Must have the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects and maintain high attention to detail
- Must have extensive experience with a variety of technology platforms and tools, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, AMS databases, Adobe Acrobat, registration, survey and event software
- Must have strong proactive and volunteer/member relations skills
- Must have knowledge of financial reporting and Microsoft Excel
- Must have experience hosting virtual education events
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible – all applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates should e-mail a copy of their cover letter and resume outlining their relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to apply. The salary range for this role is $40,000 to $43,000 per annum.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Interviews will be held via Zoom starting the week of January 18.
For more details or questions please contact us at email@example.com.