Posted On: 2021-01-04
Closing On: 2021-01-31
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Title: Marketing Communications Specialist (Full-time position)
Reports to: Executive Director, AFP Greater Toronto Chapter
The organization: The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Greater Toronto Chapter is a recognized leader in promoting philanthropy and providing education, training and best practices for those in the fundraising profession. With more than 1200 members, the Greater Toronto Chapter is the largest of the more than 241 AFP chapters throughout the world.
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) is the professional association of individuals and organizations that generate philanthropic support for a wide variety of charitable institutions. Founded in 1960, AFP advances philanthropy through its 33,000 members in more than 241 chapters throughout the world. AFP has inspired global change and supported efforts that have generated over $1 trillion. AFP’s individual and organizational members raise over $115 billion annually, equivalent to one-third of all charitable giving in North America, and millions more around the world.
The role: The AFP Greater Toronto Chapter is seeking a full-time, permanent Marketing Communications Specialist. The position will be working remotely in 2021 (but is generally based out of the AFP Greater Toronto Chapter downtown Toronto office). This individual is responsible for managing and executing Chapter communications and marketing initiatives including working directly with the Chapter Board and various committees to support Strategic Plan initiatives, Chapter programs and events.
- Maintains and manages the Chapter website and digital presence:
- Manages and maintains content for the Chapter’s social media accounts, including YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
- Manages, sources and edits content for the Chapter blog
- Manages the Chapter’s website content and events calendar
- Monitors and provides metrics for outreach performance analysis
- Coordinates communication to Chapter members through creative e-newsletters and e-mail promotions
- Works closely with committee volunteers and the Board of Directors on events and projects:
- Coordinates Board administration including meetings, agendas, documents and recording monthly meeting minutes
- Hosts online webinars (Zoom, Adobe Connect) and assists in facilitating Chapter education programs
- Manages and coordinates content for the Chapter’s event app
- Works with freelance graphic designers and event producers to coordinate graphic design needs and digital assets for Chapter conferences and special events
- Manages the Chapters online advertising program and works to reach revenue objectives
- Assists with executing Chapter sponsorship marketing initiatives
- Participates in the development of marketing plans and strategy related to Chapter events and programs
- Participates in the Chapter’s marketing and branding strategy development and implementation
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communications, or a related field
- Minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Digital marketing communications experience
- Extensive experience and proficiency in using online communication platforms: CMS, WordPress, MailChimp, Social Media and Google Analytics
- Strong organizational skills - independent self-starter capable of handling multiple projects and competing priorities under tight deadlines
- High attention to detail
- Experience working with committee volunteers and Board of Directors
- Experience developing, managing and implementing strategic marketing and communications plans
- Interest in the non-profit sector and fundraising community in Toronto
- Strong aptitude for acquiring new technical skills and knowledge
- Experience creating graphics for digital platforms, efficient use of image editing software (e.g. Photoshop, Canva) and keen eye for design is considered an asset
- Experience working with HTML and CSS is considered an asset
- Experience working with CMS, association, membership, registration and event software programs
- Confident, approachable and creative in nature
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible – all applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates should e-mail a copy of their cover letter and resume outlining their relevant experience to email@example.com in order to apply. The salary range for this role is $52,000 to $56,000 per annum.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Interviews will be held via Zoom starting the week of January 18.
For more details or questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.