Posted On: 2021-01-06
Closing On: 2021-01-19
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: As soon as possible
Employment Type: Contract
Date Posted: 01/04/2021
Req ID: 2158
Faculty/Division: VP - Division of University Advancement
Department: Adv Communications and Marketing
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
The Division of University Advancement (DUA) promotes and supports the University of Toronto by engaging a worldwide community of more than 600,000 alumni, plus many donors and friends. DUA encompasses a highly skilled team of staff focused in the areas of development (fundraising), alumni and volunteer engagement, advancement services, and advancement marketing and communications. The uniquely integrated structure encourages each division to bring its particular strengths and expertise to the common cause of advancing U of T’s relations with alumni, donors, and friends. DUA at the University of Toronto is engaged in a transformative agenda deeply rooted in the University’s vision for growth and innovation. DUA is focused on doubling fundraising performance on a sustainable basis enhancing the effectiveness and satisfaction of alumni participation and programs building advancement capacity within and across divisions creating an organization and culture that fosters leadership, initiative, effectiveness, and community and contributing to the creation of an external relations strategy for a transforming image, reputation and standing of U of T along an axis of differentiation and excellence.
Within DUA, Advancement Communications and Marketing (ACM) provides strategic planning, creative development and production support for central and divisional fundraising and alumni relations activities.
Under general direction of the Associate Director, Marketing & Client Relations, the Integrated Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for building, executing and delivering integrated marketing projects for the Division of University Advancement and divisions/faculties across the University. In executing integrated marketing plans, the incumbent ensures that all omni channel communication efforts are working in-sync strategically supporting the overarching communicationobjective. The incumbent is responsible for competitive analysis, tactical planning, production of a variety of communication materials (including print, digital and social media), client management, project management and applicable budget management.
Responsibilities include: manage the execution elements of the integrated marketing communication architecture, ensure consistency and integration across all messaging platforms and act as consultant to the client by making project related recommendations, provide timelines and ongoing status updates and ensure proactive and effective client management across multiple portfolios. Additional responsibilities include: conduct data analysis and competitive reviews and prepare reports that summarize data, conduct analysis on target market, identify competitive advantage and/or unique attributes.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing a comprehensive and integrated marketing strategy.
- Developing project schedules including milestones, critical path, timelines, deliverables and reporting.
- Consulting with clients regarding the development of project scope and resources.
- Fostering stakeholder engagement and maintaining relationships with project partners.
- Liaising with clients throughout the project to provide updates and ensure clients' needs and objectives are captured.
- Developing marketing/communications strategies that support fundraising campaigns and programs.
- Building and strengthening relationships with stakeholders and partners of strategic importance.
- Liaising with colleagues across the University to ensure consistent and/or integrated messaging.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Journalism or Communications (or relevant field) or acceptable combination of equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in integrated marketing or communications; with ideally, at least two years working at an agency or consulting firm.
- Omni channel project management experience: managing integration of all physical channels (offline) and digital channels (online) offering a seamless and unified customer experience.
- Experience in the creation, development and ideation of communication and marketing strategies and tactics (traditional and digital).
- Experience with performing analysis and research for identifying and assessing marketing and communications solutions (traditional and digital) and developing recommendations from these insights.
- Experience in developing strong client relationships based on trust and mutual respect.
- Experience in executing integrated marketing or communications programs.
- Experience in successfully operating within complex, multi-tiered organization with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong in-depth understanding of digital and social media.
- Familiarity with various forms of media to include print, video and digital production.
- Knowledge and understanding of Integrated Marketing Campaign strategies and tactics.
- Strong understanding of omni channel approach to communications including social and digital marketing and ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously is a must.
- Proven track record of enhancing, fostering and managing strong relationships both internal and external to the organization.
- Strong creative and innovative thinker, able to leverage the power of technology to communicate a variety of messages to internal and external audiences; entrepreneurial and energetic.
- Strong communication skills utilizing strong listening skills and a logical, systematic approach to assimilating and sharing information in all areas.
- Creative thinker that has the ability to bring new ideas to the table.
To be successful in this role you will be:
Please Note: This is a one (1) year term position.
Closing Date: 01/18/2021, 11:59PM EDT
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget - Term
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 15 -- $83,481 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $106,758. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Administrative / Managerial
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.