Official title: Assistant PSP Officer (Planned Giving)
Functional title: Director of Planned Giving
Location: PSP Toronto
Application deadline: 21 January 2021
Type of contract: UNOPS / LICA8
Duration: March to December 2021 with possibility of extension
Expected start date: 15 February 2021
Salary range: CAD $78,000 to 90,000 Annual/Gross
The United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR) is the world’s leading not-for-profit organization in helping and protecting the millions of people forced to flee their homes because of violence, conflict and persecution. We deliver life-saving assistance, including shelter, food and water while also safeguarding fundamental human rights, safety and dignity.
Our Canadian office is part of a global network that works in 130 countries, protecting over 68 million people. We were founded in 1950 as part of the United Nations effort to help people displaced by World War II. Since then we have been on the ground helping over 68 million people forced to leave their homes and have even received two Nobel Prizes for our work.
We are passionate about the people we help—and the amazing team of people who work for us. We thrive on excellence, integrity and respect for diversity. Our culture is dynamic, results-oriented and focused on change, ready to tackle the latest global humanitarian crisis. You will be part of a newly growing team that—due to a significant revitalization process—is set for transformational growth. We need someone who is not only ready to jump in at the start of this journey, but has the skills, energy and creativity to help shape what comes next.
2.Purpose and Scope of Assignment
This position develops and manages the planned giving program for the organization.
This position also works with internal and external constituents in an innovative and strategic manner to maximize fundraising net revenue through planned gifts from individuals. Key responsibilities include building and managing relationships with prospects, donors, estate, and financial planning professionals along with providing stewardship and recognition to existing donors in the advancement of gifts to the organization.
Reporting directly to the Associate PSP Officer (PPH) in Canada, the incumbent will be responsible for developing and deploying long-term fundraising strategies and activities to secure bequest/legacy gift commitment from new and existing PSP donors. The selected candidate will also play a key role in operationalizing our new five-year strategy.
Working with the rest of the Canadian PSP team, the Canadian Branch office and the PSP team at our headquarters, the incumbent will be responsible within the organization for excellence in philanthropy.
This position entails, but is not limited to the following general responsibilities:
- Maintain and manage the planned giving program across the defined territory.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit planned gifts from individuals from a prospect and donor portfolio.
- Prepare customized funding proposals, agreements and gift scenarios involving cash, securities, and other major and planned gift vehicles in order to meet the donor’s personal, estate and financial planning goals.
- Advise prospects, donors, senior volunteers, staff and allied professionals on strategic moves, opportunities, and process.
- Ensure proper administration of donor information in donor database for reports and analysis.
- Work closely with the donor relations teams to ensure timely and accurate processing of planned gifts,ax receipts and reporting.
- Ensure appropriate and timely recognition of all planned gifts received Relationships Building
- Develop and manage close working relationships with internal stakeholders and include them in all appropriate stages of moves management for prospects and donors.
- Strengthen donor relationships so that those able to augment or accelerate their gifts will consider doing so, and that those committing revocable gifts will not alter their intentions.
- Report to the supervisor on donor moves management, budget, opportunities and threats.
- Adhere to all Provincial and Federal legislation and conduct all business according to the CAGP/AFP Code of Ethics - possession of personal integrity and sound judgement.
3.Monitoring and Progress Controls
- In conjunction with the team, raise $4 million for the PPH portfolio in 2021.
- Ensure brand consistency and messaging.
- Ensure gold standard of donor service, including response rate of 24 hours or less.
- Provide bi-weekly status report to direct manager.
4.Qualifications and Experience
- A University degree in business/ marketing, communications, public relations, fundraising, or a related discipline.
- Financial advising, banking, insurance, marketing, or corporate sales with a proven track record of actualized gifts / revenue generation is an asset.
- CFRE designation or equivalent is an asset.
- Successful completion of CAGP courses is an asset
- ·Work Experience
- 3-6 years in major and/or planned giving fundraising. Fundraising experience, primarily developing, managing and stewarding relationships with major gift donors.
- Experience with closing deals of donation amounts of $10,000 and above.
- Volunteer management experience.
- ·Key Competencies
- Good relationship builder, people skills.
- Knowledge of estate planning and strategic giving opportunities, including trusts, bequests, gifts of stock and real estate, as well as CRA guidelines related to charitable giving.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong project management, planning and coordination skills.
- Research, analytical, problem solving, and budgetary skills.
- Attention to detail with exceptional active listening skills.
- Ability to identify opportunities and capitalize on them.
- Professional attitude, self-starter, flexible and creative revenue generator.
- Recognition and stewardship management experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft office software and donor management software/database experience.
Must be eligible to work in Canada
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and the Personal History/Supplementary forms to email@example.com with “CANTO/PSP/VN/026– Assistant PSP Officer (Planned Giving)” in the subject line. To access forms, please visit our website https://www.unhcr.ca/careers/.
Application without personal history form will not be reviewed.
Please note that the receipt of applications will not be acknowledged, and only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
WE REGRET WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY PHONE CALLS