Posted On: 2021-01-08
Closing On: 2021-02-07
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Temporary
We hear it again and again. From patients. From physicians. From nurses. From donors. There’s a spirit of relentlessness at St. Michael’s Hospital. It’s a never-say-no attitude, a willingness to go beyond. It’s why St. Michael’s is legendary for taking on some of the world’s toughest health challenges. It’s why we are leaders in so many areas of medicine: multiple sclerosis, cystic fibrosis, ophthalmology, critical care, trauma, minimally-invasive cardiac care, neurosurgery, urban health, neonatal care, and the list goes on. St. Michael’s has a unique attitude that cuts across every department, and it is ever-present at St. Michael’s Hospital Foundation.
By joining St. Michael’s Hospital Foundation now, you will be joining a team of powerful, relentless, compassionate fundraisers who are ushering in the next era of medical innovation and discovery. At St. Michael’s Hospital, can’t is not in our vocabulary.
Philanthropy Coordinators at St. Michael's Hospital Foundation are part of a dynamic, diversified and talented team of fundraising experts. This role’s primary responsibility will be to support the Philanthropy Team as it builds solicitation, pipeline and stewardship strategies to maximize individual, corporate and foundation donor support through various channels.
- Post-secondary education in a related field – college minimum, university preferred - or a combination of comparable skills and experience.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in a fundraising environment.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with computer applications on a Windows platform (Word, Excel, Power Point, electronic mail/scheduling, internet).
- Previous experience working with databases (particularly Raiser’s Edge) is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and very strong person to person relationship-building skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple and changing demands.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and be self-motivated in a high pressure and demanding work environment.
- Proven ability to exercise diplomacy and good judgment.
- Exemplary attention to detail with excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently using an above average level of initiative.
- Ability to work as part of a fundraising team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of the mission and values of St. Michael’s Hospital.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
Interested candidates please apply online.