Posted On: 2021-01-08
Closing On: 2021-01-26
Location: Oakville, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Appleby College currently has a challenging opportunity for a
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1911, Appleby College’s mission is to educate and enable young men and women to become leaders of character, major contributors to, and valued representatives of their local, national, and international communities.
Appleby inspires its 765 students from grades 7 to 12 to pursue their individual passions through an internationally recognized and innovative academic, athletic, and co-curricular programme that has been founded on the school’s six Pillars of Strength: Academically Vital, Technologically Empowered, Universally Diverse, Community Spirited, Actively Engaged and Globally Responsible.
Appleby’s model of educational excellence enables and encourages its students to learn and discover independently and collaboratively, both inside and outside of the classroom.
Appleby offers the prospect to be part of a high performing team that fosters an inclusive culture with opportunities to collaborate with other inspiring minds. Working at Appleby means that you value diversity, have integrity, and are committed to learning and professional development. We provide an outstanding educational experience to our students by having an exceptional team. Appleby’s foundation for success is attracting and retaining employees who thrive in our dynamic culture that recognizes individual strengths and talents. Breadth, excellence, innovation and caring – this is what defines the essence of the Appleby team.
The Development Officer is responsible for the development and execution of a comprehensive fundraising program with a focus on major gifts. The accountabilities include:
- Develop and maintain the Major Gifts Pipeline with an emphasis on action reporting and timely and accurate moves management practices
- Support the Principal and the Chief Advancement Officer in securing meetings (in- person & virtual), preparing meeting notes, targeted proposal writing and gift processing
- Contribute to the development and execution of a comprehensive broader fundraising strategy for Appleby College
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop and define well-integrated and innovative strategies for giving initiatives, event-based fundraising, recognition, and stewardship
- Assist in implementing specific fundraising campaigns, including marketing, events, messaging, and personal contact
- Manage volunteers to cultivate and solicit donors as part of the broader development strategy including the annual Grad Family appeal
- Assist in developing and ensuring compliance with fundraising policies and processes
- Compose materials that speak to the impact of philanthropy at the school with the support of Marketing & Communications
- Produce thank you letters to accompany tax receipts for all donations
WHAT YOU BRING
- A post-secondary degree, supported by an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated work experience, CFRE an asset
- Minimum of 1-3 years of previous experience in a non-for-profit organization preferably with a development focus
- Superb interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse range of people
- Proven expertise to solicit donations and/or related sales experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills is required
- Experience in the development of fundraising materials is considered an asset
- Proven technical skills with respect to client relationship management systems
- Proven ability to manage multi-phase projects from inception to completion, including the ability to build consensus among team members and balance multiple concurrent priorities
- Knowledge and passion for education.
- Knowledge of the Appleby community is considered an asset
WHAT WE OFFER
- Exciting, challenging and rewarding work opportunities
- An atmosphere that promotes and encourages exceptional Professional Development
- State-of-the-art facilities that motivate and engages employees
- Located on a 60-acre campus on the shores of Lake Ontario
- Active engagement in community involvement
- Competitive compensation that will commensurate with skill and experience
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in joining our team; please connect with us by Tuesday, January 25, 2021
Your application matters to us and we will review it carefully. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
As a condition of employment, a criminal record check is required.
Appleby College website: www.appleby.on.ca
Appleby is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment where everyone feels valued, respected and supported. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. While all applicants are thanked for their interest, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.