Founded in 1901, Hillfield Strathallan College (HSC) offers a seamless academic journey from 18 months to 18 years. Located on a 50-acre campus on Hamilton's West Mountain, HSC provides a unique educational pathway for students through four school offerings: Junior, Montessori, Middle and Senior. HSC prepares students to live with purpose – to understand their world, inspire, lead, act, and make a difference in their own unique ways.
Reporting to the Director of Advancement and Communications, the Manager, Major Gifts will support and work closely with the Director of Advancement and Communications to create and execute strategies for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors to support Hillfield Strathallan College’s fundraising goals.
- Takes a leadership role in coordinating the growth of our Annual Giving program, as well as other Major Gift initiatives;
- Maintains a portfolio of major gift prospects, forming and leveraging strong relationships and creating and executing solicitation strategies that result in major gift donations;
- Advises on the facilitation and execution of recognition events and coordinates various activities for donor involvement and connection to the College.
Prospect Management & Research:
- Leads, develops and manages a prospect management system to ensure prospects are successfully managed from cultivation to stewardship;
- Leads regularly-scheduled prospect review meetings to ensure solicitation strategies are identified and executed;
- Oversees the research function to identify, track and compile information on the College’s top donors and prospective top donors;
- Provides the Director of Advancement and Communications as well as key volunteers with up-to-date, well-organized research reports in a clear and timely manner.
Other related responsibilities:
- Works collaboratively with the Advancement and Communications Team members and the Head of College’s Office to ensure the overall success of programs;
- Act as back-up to the Director only in their absence;
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education and Designation:
- University degree or related college certificate;
- CFRE designation is an asset.
- A minimum of five years of progressive advancement experience, with a focus on major gifts and/or campaign fundraising;
- Previous experience interacting at a high-contact and personal level with donors is mandatory;
- An understanding of Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office applications (specifically Excel and PowerPoint) and how these systems support the cultivation process;
- Proven development of innovative campaign strategies that encouraged engagement and participation of donors, volunteers and staff;
- Demonstrated experience managing campaign and leadership volunteers and working closely with other senior organizational leaders.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) with the ability to build relationships and leverage support from prospects and to work effectively with high-profile volunteers;
- Ability to present campaign objectives in a way that inspires and engages potential donors;
- A creative and innovative approach to major gift fundraising;
- Excellent listening skills;
- Proven project management, prioritization and organizational skills;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- An understanding of Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office applications (specifically Excel and PowerPoint) and how these systems support the cultivation process.
- Collaborative and flexible team-player;
- Intelligent and innovative thinker;
- Customer service and results-focused orientation;
- Demonstrated tact, diplomacy and discretion.
Please indicate your interest by submitting a resume and covering letter by 4:00 p.m on Friday, January 25, 2021, to http://hsc.simplication.com/WLSBLogin.aspx.
Our commitment to inclusion across gender, age, religion, identity and experience moves us forward and creates a sense of community at HSC that we are proud of, where everyone feels welcome and feels that they belong.
We encourage applicants who may contribute to the further diversification of this community. Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act, if you require accommodations at any time throughout the application process, please contact Human Resources prior to the closing date so the appropriate arrangements can be made.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.