Job Description: Development Coordinator, Major Gifts
Reinventing Patient Care. Humber River Hospital stands apart. As North America’s most digital hospital, our state-of-the-art facility is enabling our physicians and staff to deliver healthcare in new and innovative ways and is a model of efficiency for hospitals around the world. Everything we do is designed to enhance not only outcomes but also the experiences of our patients and their families.
Humber River Hospital Foundation raises funds to invest in the programs, technologies, and equipment that make our Hospital’s superior patient care a reality. Since the day we opened our new facility we’ve proudly stayed ahead of a changing world, always innovating to continue reinventing patient care well into the future. This spirit of innovation is powered by the Foundation’s donors and volunteers, who share our vision for better healthcare and who recognize that investment is always needed for the next innovation as much as the last one.
The Development Coordinator is an integral member of the development team providing administrative leadership and fundraising support for the Vice President and Director Development.
Reports to: Director, Leadership & Legacy Philanthropy
Direct Reports: None
- Provide fundraising and administration support for the VP and Director to ensure fundraising tasks and opportunities are executed in a timely fashion with a keen attention to detail
- Prepare briefing notes, presentation and call materials as required
- Conduct basic research for identified prospects to determine philanthropic capacity and interest
- Prepare Call Reports to collect all intelligence, outcomes and actions required
- Update Raiser’s Edge with Call Report outcomes, actions, notes, intelligence, and relationship connections and create new Raiser’s Edge Proposals as required
- Manage VP and Director Pipelines and Forecasts, updating Proposal details whenever new intelligence is obtained
- Coordinate prospect and donor tours; secure Hospital resources and tour path as appropriate
- Coordinate internal resources to drive the vision and strategy for volunteer led cultivation/ 3rd party events
- Compose and issue correspondence on behalf of the VP and Director
- Participate in Foundation events for cultivation, stewardship and fundraising purposes including weeknight and weekend events
Identify professional development requirements and participate in external professional development opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of related education and business experience
- Interest in working in Major Gift Fundraising
- Demonstrated tact, diplomacy, creativity, and problem solving capabilities
- Ability to use sound judgment and maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent administrative skills including solid working experience using relevant technology such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Raiser’s Edge NXT and Zoom
- Ability to manage multiple priorities from different sources
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service oriented approach complemented by excellent organizational and time management abilities
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is preferred
- A minimum of two years administrative fundraising experience, preferably in a hospital environment
- Demonstrated success in managing and forging relationships
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in Raiser’s Edge
Note: Flexibility is necessary as this position will be required to work some weekends and evenings.
Other duties as required.
Job Posting Closes: February 5, 2021
Interested applicants are required to apply online at www.hrh.ca/careers before the closing date. We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Humber River Hospital Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.