Posted On: 2021-01-13
Closing On: 2021-01-29
Location: 825 Coxwell Ave, Toronto, ON
Effective: February 1, 2021
Employment Type: Full-Time
Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) is an award-winning hospital and one of Toronto's best-kept secrets. As Ontario’s leading community teaching hospital, MGH has proudly served the diverse, multi-cultural community of east Toronto since 1929 and is known for its friendliness and sense of community within Canada's largest city. Recognized as a leader in workplace wellness and offering a quality work environment focused on learning and development, MGH invests in people to meet their professional goals and to reach their personal best.
Currently we have an exciting opportunity for an individual who wants to advance their career as a
Michael Garron Hospital is a true general hospital providing care from birth to end-of-life, serving more than
400,000 people living in East Toronto. We deliver first-rate care on a first-name basis - 90 per cent of the health-care people need, at a level of excellence rivalling anywhere in the city. We also excel in developing tomorrow’s health-care leaders, with the largest community and family medicine teaching program affiliated with the University of Toronto.
Michael Garron Hospital’s catchment area is unique in Toronto and among the most diverse in Canada. As well, more seniors live alone in East Toronto than anywhere else in the city. Poverty and isolation—two of the most critical social determinants of health—affect people in our neighbourhoods disproportionately.
Michael Garron Hospital Foundation is approaching the $100-million-dollar mark of our Heart of the East Campaign, our fundraising effort in support of our $500-million redevelopment project. The Heart of the East will completely transform our campus, including construction of the new, eight-storey Ken and Marilyn Thomson Patient Care Centre and the dramatic redevelopment of our existing facility. Join our team to help us equip Michael Garron Hospital to meet the needs of our growing and diverse, often under-served community.
Currently we have an exciting opportunity for a Stewardship Officer (full-time) that is passionate about building donor relationships at all levels and leading a full stewardship program.
Reporting to the Vice President, Major Gifts and Planned Giving, the Stewardship Officer will lead the development and implementation of opportunities to enhance the donor relationship. The successful candidate will be a champion of innovation and new ideas to build donor engagement. The incumbent will have the opportunity to implement best practices in an effort to make Michael Garron Hospital Foundation a leader in donor retention and growth.
- Think and act creatively to bring meaningful opportunities to engage donors in our mission;
- Drive the refinement of the impact reporting process by collaborating with foundation teams to ensure efficiency, transparency and timely delivery of reports;
- Develop and execute strategic donor stewardship and cultivation events that provide meaningful engagement opportunities for donors and volunteers and attract new prospective donors;
- Proactively provide planning and support materials required for donor stewardship meetings;
- Develop a comprehensive stewardship plan for signature events;
- Work with the Planned Giving Officer to ensure that planned giving donors; are engaged as part of the donor family;
- Manage the Donor Recognition Committee and lead quarterly committee meetings;
- Manage donor recognition systems and listings including the central donor wall, Founders Circle scroll, annual report donor listing, plaques and hospital wide naming recognition and activities of the Visionary Circle and support the planned giving donor wall update;
- Develop and implement policies, standards and processes as they relate to Stewardship and Donor Relations;
- Ensure adherence to the Foundation-wide Donor Recognition framework that includes: the donor experience matrix, naming opportunities, donor gift agreements and all associated policies and processes;
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders including fundraisers, volunteers and hospital staff and physicians;
- Act as the foundation’s lead point of contact with the hospital’s redevelopment team;
- Track Stewardship and Donor Relations activity adhering to Raisers Edge coding protocol;
- Act as the Foundation’s expert on our named spaces inventory and work in an advisory capacity to colleagues to determine the best naming opportunities for inclusion in proposals;
- Act as the internal voice of our donors by considering their perspective in all that we do;
- Remain abreast of industry best practices through participation in peer groups, and professional development.
- University Degree or related education, with a minimum 3-5 years of progressive stewardship and donor relations experience, preferably in a health-care, education or complex non-profit environment.
- Working knowledge of best practices in stewardship, gift agreements, and donor relations;
- Excellent donor and volunteer relations skills, with a keen sense of diplomacy;
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to think strategically, work independently and in collaboration with foundation team in driving new initiatives and enhancing existing opportunities;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and multi-task;
- Organized, detail-oriented and strong execution;
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or relational databases;
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experience using Adobe InDesign a strong asset.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.
If you are ready to join MGH, please visit our Careers page at www.tehn.ca > Careers > Career Opportunities to apply to the role
Michael Garron Hospital fosters an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know how we can work with you to meet your needs.
Our diverse staff is our most valued resource.
Compassion, Integrity, Courage and Accountability are the values that set Michael Garron Hospital apart
Please note that we will be reviewing candidates as submitted, and therefore, early applications are encouraged.