Posted On: 2021-01-15
Closing On: 2021-02-25
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular Full Time
Organizational Department: Sinai Health -> Mount Sinai Hospital -> Sinai Health Foundation
Employee Group: Non Hospital Operating
Location: Mount Sinai Hospital Campus - Toronto, ON M5G 1X5 CA (Primary)
Travel Requirement: No travel required
Hours (Subject to Change): 37.5 hours per week; due to the nature of this position, additional hours may be required.
Salary Scale: To Be Determined
As one of Canada’s pre-eminent patient care, research and academic health science centre, Sinai Health System has a well-earned reputation for excellence in the community, across Canada and internationally.
Sinai Health System Foundation raises and stewards funds to support patient care, world-leading research and innovative education at Sinai Health System, developing collaborative, long-term relationships across the community. The generous support of donors fuels hospital initiatives, care and innovation, that improves the quality of life for our patients, and advancing medical sciences globally.
People are excited to come to work every day at Sinai Health Foundation. As a world-class institution, we have a unique and rich personality. We are driven to make a positive impact for patients, their families and society.
We love the clash of ideas that lead to better solutions. Challenging the status quo is encouraged. Collaborating will allow us to push forward.
We recognize that the pace of change continues to accelerate and understand flexibility is vital. We take our work seriously and have a lot of fun doing it! Laughter echoes throughout our organization.
We embrace and celebrate differences. We look for diversity and inclusion when we hire top talent. We have great respect for our strengths, perspectives, opinions and lifestyles.
We have high expectations of each other, but even higher expectations of ourselves. We are not hampered by rules and processes, we trust in each other.
We do all that we can do…and then we find a way to do a little bit more. We embody creativity, imagination and a fierce determination to make the world a better place.
Reporting to the Manager, Direct Marketing this role plays a vital part in supporting the revenue generation from Direct Marketing Programs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with Manager on the development and project management of the OTG and monthly donor programs, including various Tribute fundraising campaigns for Direct Marketing
- Provide superior donor relations and handle donor requests, inquiries and donations for OTG, Monthly and Tribute donors in a timely and effective manner
- Coordinate all logistical aspects of Tribute, Cards, Grateful Hearts, Labour of Love, and OTG fundraising, working closely with the foundation teams and external vendors
- Promote to and update hospital staff on Grateful Hearts, Labour of Love, Staff Campaign and the Foundation’s new campaigns at key staff events, meetings and doing promotional meet and greet sessions in key hospital areas
- Work closely with the Brand Strategy & Marketing team to produce compelling communications that share the impact of donor support
- Supports the reporting, review and analysis of campaigns, to provide recommendations for future campaigns
- Ensures accurate and consistent information is entered in Raiser’s Edge
- Assist in the execution the monthly donor credit card expiry and bank information renewal program
- Ensure that donors receive accurate and the appropriate acknowledgement, stewardship reports, payment renewal letters and thank you calls in a timely and effective manner
- Be the point person to coordinate one-off requirements, e.g. the development of specific program websites, creating new funds
- Help support various Direct Marketing programs which are executed through external suppliers. Programs can include telemarketing, direct mail, email and digital
- Thank a selected group of existing donors for their contribution by phone
- Back-up person to the Reception & Direct Marketing Assistant role, handling inbound calls, inquiries and reception
- May be responsible for other fundraising projects as requested
- Successful completion of a degree or diploma in a relevant field from a recognized educational institution or the equivalent acceptable combination of education and experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of recent and related experience preferably in a large dynamic not-for-profit environment (exposure to Fundraising or Healthcare environment an asset)
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience with fundraising software (Raiser’s Edge is an asset)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel, Outlook and Word required
- Strong ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to advance projects, and strategies and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated organizational and administrative skills including strong proofreading ability
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate in a tactful and professional manner in person, email and by phone
- Respectful and service oriented with demonstrated ability to attend to details; exceptional follow-through as demonstrated through effective customer service experience
- Solid understanding of donor stewardship and fundraising fundamentals preferred
- Ability to set priorities, demonstrate a positive attitude, and troubleshoot, and problem solve independently using sound judgment
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic organization with the ability to relate to a variety of personality and communication styles
- Professional aligned with Sinai Health Foundation’s five values: flexibility, fun, collaboration, respect and trust
Office Location: Currently, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, SHF staff are working remotely. Ultimately, when it is safe to do so, our goal is to work out of the SHF offices, located in downtown Toronto.
Interested candidates please apply online.
All applications must be submitted by no later than 4:00 p.m. of the posting deadline date.
Sinai Health is committed to fostering a culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers. As such, all employees will follow safe work practices and comply with the roles and responsibilities that are outlined with respect to health and safety policies, procedures and training. In accordance with Sinai Health policy and legislated health and safety requirements, employment is conditional upon the verification of credentials, completion of a health review, and demonstrating proof of immunity and vaccination status of vaccine-preventable diseases.
Sinai Health is a scent sensitive environment and all members of the community are expected to refrain from wearing or using scented products while visiting or working at any Sinai Health site. We also support a barrier-free workplace supported by Sinai Health's accessibility plan, accommodation and disability management policies and procedures. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call the Accommodation Phone Line at 416-586-4800 ext. 7050 or email HiringProcessAccommodation.email@example.com