Our mission is big, and our team is growing! Canada’s Children’s Hospital Foundations (CCHF) is seeking a Director, Marketing & Communications to lead the implementation of our new Cause Identity (Brand) Framework and work more closely with our Member Foundations and exceptional roster of corporate partners on the development and execution of annual marketing plans. Reporting to the Vice President, Marketing, Engagement and Analytics, and collaborating closely with the Corporate Partnerships team, the Director, Marketing & Communications play a critical role in helping us to deliver our organizational mission and strategy. The Director will lead and mentor a team of two staff members.
Come join us! Together, we think bigger, laugh louder, and do incredible work every day.
ABOUT CANADA’S CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL FOUNDATIONS
We are inspired by our vision if we change the health of children, we will change the health of Canada and know that developing larger, more strategic partnerships is key to significantly expanding fundraising and impact for children’s health in Canada.
Canada’s Children’s Hospital Foundations (CCHF), established in 2017, is a not-for-profit organization that raises funds for a national network of hospital foundations as the largest single, non-government funder of children’s health in Canada. About to embark on a new 3-year strategic plan, CCHF raises over $50 million annually and receives generous support through donors of Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals campaigns, as well as contributions through additional strategic partnerships with other companies and supporters across the country. Together we represent 13 of Canada’s children’s hospitals where the greatest challenges are tackled.
CCHF has been collaboratively developed by its 13 member foundations to respond to the increasing demand of donors wishing to establish national partnerships to have a greater impact on children’s health across the country. Our partners are corporations and organizations doing incredible work in support of local kids’ hospitals. The CCHF team helps increase the impact delivered through these hospitals collectively in a nation-wide story of impact.
CCHF has an annual operating budget of over $5 million, comprised of membership fees paid by the Children’s Hospital Foundations and supplemented by corporate sponsorship and underwriting of CCHF awareness and fundraising properties. Foundation revenues represent current funds raised by CCHF Children’s Miracle Network partners, as well as other national partnerships outside of CMN.
CCHF HOSPITAL PARTNERS WHERE IMPACT IS DELIVERED
CCHF’s founding members are Canada’s 13 Children’s Hospital Foundations:
- Janeway Children’s Hospital Foundation, St. John’s, NF
- IWK Foundation, Halifax, NS
- CHU Sainte-Justine Foundation, Montreal, QC
- The Montreal Children’s Hospital Foundation, Montreal, QC
- CHEO Foundation, Ottawa, ON
- SickKids Foundation, Toronto, ON
- McMaster Children’s Hospital Foundation, Hamilton, ON
- Children’s Health Foundation, London, ON
- The Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB
- Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation, Saskatoon, SK
- Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation, Edmonton, AB
- Alberta Children’s Hospital Foundation, Calgary, AB
- BC Children’s Hospital, Vancouver, BC
ABOUT CHILDREN’S MIRACLE NETWORK HOSPITALS
Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals (CMNH) raises funds and awareness for 170 member hospitals across North America, 12 of which are in Canada. All contributions raised by companies and their employees in communities across Canada go back to each member foundation to fund critical treatments and healthcare services, pediatric medical equipment, and research. Its various fundraising partners and programs support the non-profits’ mission to do what is right for kids so they will have the healthiest most fulfilling childhood possible.
Each day, over 4,900 children will receive medical treatment for various diseases, sickness, and injuries at member hospitals across Canada. These children’s hospitals depend on financial support so that critical priorities, vital programs, equipment, and research devoted to children’s health continue to thrive.
- CCHF – Canada’s Children’s Hospital Foundations
- Children’s Miracle Network – Canada
- Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals - USA
- Canadian Association of Paediatric Health Centres
- Works collaboratively with CCHF staff, member foundations, CMNH, corporate partners, suppliers, and other stakeholders to gain buy-in in an environment of competing priorities.
- Proactive and engaging relationship-builder; credible with senior leaders across sectors.
- Demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit and growth mindset to contribute to strategic partnerships which deliver revenue growth.
- Deep understanding of the retail, consumer packaged goods, and/or franchise environment, from experience working in these sectors, or in an agency.
- Acts as a skilled problem solver within a fast-paced environment, managing priorities and responding to partners and stakeholders.
- Strong business acumen and uses data to support decision making.
- Flexible and curious to understand our unique partner needs.
- Service orientation and customer focus that is responsive to the needs of partners and member organizations.
- Strong and strategic project management abilities to operate effectively within a complex structure.
- Enthusiastic and collaborative by nature. Is a coach and mentor with the ability to harness the skills and expertise of others.
- Experience within a complex, national organization or corporation will be beneficial, or with an agency that serves these types or organizations/corporations.
- Authentic passion for children’s health and acts as a positive contributor to the CCHF Vision, Mission, Manifesto, Values and Culture.
As a CCHF Leader you will:
- Act as a positive contributor to the CCHF Vision, Mission, Manifesto, Values and Culture.
- Work collaboratively with CCHF staff, Member Foundations, CMNH, corporate partners, suppliers, and other stakeholders in order to gain buy-in in an environment of competing priorities.
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit and growth mindset to contribute to strategic partnerships which deliver revenue growth.
- Act as a skilled problem solver within a fast-paced environment, managing priorities and responding to partners and stakeholders.
- Collect evidence and data to support significant program decisions.
Accountability #1: Support the ongoing development and implementation of CCHF’s new Cause Identity (Brand) Framework
- Provide ongoing support to VP, Marketing, Engagement and Analytics on the final stages of a new CCHF Cause Identity (Brand) Framework, that supports the ongoing evolution of our collective story and narrative; a deliberate shift in our visual identity; and the strategic integration of both verbal and visual identities into a focused rollout strategy.
- Oversee the integration and management of brand standards related to signature fundraising programs and partnerships, including our ongoing execution of campaigns for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals (CMNH).
- Maintain ongoing relationships with key stakeholders (Marketing, Communications, Brand, Content) at CMNH.
Accountability #2: Lead the strategy and development of annual CCHF and corporate partner marketing plans and budgets
- Lead the development and implementation of the annual enterprise marketing and communications strategy, in collaboration with all departments within CCHF to deliver fundraising revenue, communicate impact and provide stewardship.
- Lead the development of marketing and communications to achieve CCHF corporate partner fundraising, brand, and impact objectives.
- Lead the planning of annual marketing and communications budgets.
- Lead the development and implementation of an agency and third-party vendor measurement and evaluation strategy.
- Conduct ongoing reviews of agency and strategic service provider performance against established objectives and deliverables.
- Provide oversight and support to national enterprise technology products that enhance the overall productivity of the team – including Salesforce Marketing Cloud (Pardot), Content Management Systems (WordPress) and Social Channel Tracking and Automation (Hootsuite) – all of which are managed by Manager, Marketing & Communications.
Accountability #3: Lead the strategy and development of CCHF’s patient, advocates, and ambassador engagement framework
- Lead the strategy around the development and implementation of a comprehensive patient and family engagement framework – including annual engagement calendars and stakeholder segments.
- Oversee and ensure all considerations and elements from CCHF’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are fully implemented as part of patient and family recruitment and experience management.
- Provide support to Marketing & Communications Team on the annual stakeholder journeys, including tracking and relationship management in Salesforce CRM.
Accountability #4: Marketing & Communications Team Leadership, Progress Monitoring and Management
- Provide the direction, guidance, and support to the Marketing & Communications team to achieve annual progress management targets and priorities.
- Serve as a coach and mentor to help team members deliver their best and reach their full potential.
- Provide input and ongoing support to VP, Marketing, Engagement and Analytics on the strategic engagement of the Marketing & Communications Working Group – CCHF’s most senior, strategic marketing counsel.
- Execute the reporting requirements and monitoring cycle for the team’s targets and growth.
- Implementation and effective use of the organizational business standards.
Education and Experience
- Post Secondary Education – Diploma or Degree, or equivalent professional experience.
- Extensive and progressive work experience in a marketing, brand, and communications, within an agency, retail, CPG, or not for profit environment.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong understanding of and experience with brand management and valuation.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of multi-channel marketing, media, and planning.
- Strong understanding of retail and consumer-facing marketing, including in-store and e-commerce.
- Solid understanding of marketing analytics, including measurement and evaluation of campaign and channel-based strategies.
- Advanced writing and communication skills – an exceptional storyteller, with the ability to motivate and inspire various audiences.
- Highly developed interpersonal and relationship building ability.
- Strong planning, design, implementation, and administration skills.
- Strategic, innovative, and creative approach to challenges and opportunities.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate responsibilities as needed.
- Understanding of and commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion, and experience bringing an inclusive lens to marketing communications.
- CCHF is primarily working virtually at this time and will likely do so through 2021.
- We have secured new office space downtown for post-pandemic and would envision a combination of office and home-based work.
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion is a priority at CCHF.
- Occasional evening and weekend work is necessary.
- Candidates must have willingness and ability travel within Canada and USA, following the pandemic.
- High focus on health and safety – we are firmly committed to the well-being of our staff.
APPLICATION PROCESS & DEADLINE
KCI (Ketchum Canada Inc.) has been retained to conduct this search on behalf of Canada’s Children’s Hospital Foundations. For more information about this exciting opportunity, please contact Tara George, Partner / Lead, KCI Search + Talent by email at CCHFMarComm@kcitalent.com.
All inquiries and applications will be held in strict confidence. To apply, please send a resume and letter of interest, to the email address listed above by February 25, 2021.
To view the full Position Brief, please visit: www.kcitalent.com
CCHF is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion