Posted On: 2021-01-25
Closing On: 2021-02-25
Location: Canada/ USA
Employment Type: Full-Time
This could be you!
Rainbow Railroad, one of North America’s leading human rights organizations, is looking for an experienced individual to oversee the development of a growing, cross-border, omni-channelled, multi-tiered fundraising program. Leading a team of five skilled staff, you will formalize Rainbow Railroad’s fundraising strategy and structure, and inspire your team to achieve exponential growth. If you are passionate about equity, ambitious about your career goals, and thrive in a vibrant, highly creative fundraising environment, then this role is for you!
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the development and implementation of a comprehensive major gift fundraising strategy geared towards ambitious growth in foundation, corporate, and major donor revenue in both Canada and the USA
- Leading and developing a strategic, multi-year annual fundraising plan that includes mid-level gifts, monthly supporters, donor cultivation, communications, stewardship, volunteer engagement, and special events
- Working directly with Rainbow Railroad’s Managing Director, Executive Director, board of directors, and program colleagues, to manage a portfolio of major gift donors and prospects and agree on approaches to engage them as partners in Rainbow Railroad’s mission, vision, and values
- Managing a portfolio of major gift donors and prospects and securing donations
- Leading the development of new programs which include, but are not limited to: digital acquisition, annual individual giving, planned giving, direct mail, and third party events
- Coaching and mentoring a team of high-performing, creative, energetic, fundraisers
- Leading the organization in the development of a case for support
- Developing and implementing processes and structure that effectively impact fundraising growth
- Providing strategic reports of fundraising progress
You have the following attributes:
- A seasoned professional with a minimum of five (5) years of senior level fundraising experience
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in effectively managing, mentoring, and coaching a team
- Demonstrable involvement, commitment, and support of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA) within the the LGBQTI community, and/or among Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour in Canada, the United States, and internationally
- A post-secondary degree and/or relevant experience
- A successful track record of personally identifying, cultivating, and soliciting individual donors at $25,000+
- Knowledge and awareness of democratic fundraising techniques including digital fundraising, events, annual giving, and direct marketing
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of AFP guidelines and Donor Bill of Rights
- Sound understanding of and experience operating within CRA guidelines related to financial and gift-in-kind donations and donor recognition
- Working knowledge and experience of database software, preferably Salesforce
- A CFRE or equivalent fundraising education is an asset
Rainbow Railroad is an international organization, based in both Canada and the United States, whose mission is to help LGBTQI persons in danger find safety. Our ultimate goal is a world free of persecution based on sexual orientation, gender identity, or sex characteristic. Until then, we provide solutions for individuals in immediate danger of persecution or violence amidst a global refugee crisis. In partnership with a global network of LGBTQI organizations and human rights defenders, we coordinate directly with individuals experiencing violence to get them out of harm’s way. Around the world, we are recognized for our efforts to support and protect the thousands of LGBTQI people living in countries which criminalize their existence.
Since our founding in 2006, we’ve helped over 1,000 LGBTQI individuals find safety.
A competitive salary plus benefits commensurate with experience.
If you qualify and are interested, please email your cover letter and resume to recruitment firstname.lastname@example.org by February, 25 2021. Please include ”Director of Philanthropy” in your subject line and note, only qualified candidates will be contacted.