Posted On: 2021-02-01
Closing On: 2021-03-03
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Rotman School of Management is part of the University of Toronto, a global centre of research and teaching excellence at the heart of Canada’s commercial capital. Rotman is a catalyst for transformative learning, insights and public engagement, bringing together diverse views and initiatives around a defining purpose: to create value for business and society. rotman.utoronto.ca
The Advancement team’s vision is to make the School a go-to place for Rotman alumni worldwide. Our alumni will proudly identify themselves as Rotman graduates and will look to Rotman first for talent, professional development, business and personal networks and philanthropy. Rotman alumni will be the School’s strongest ambassadors. The Associate Director is a proven leader who plans, directs and leads a team of 3-5 Development staff while carrying a personal portfolio of 100-130 prospects in order to generate philanthropic support between $1M - $2M per annum.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assessing needs and contributing to the development and implementation of plans for prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and recognition.
- Developing and implementing alumni engagement activities that support strategic objectives.
- Developing and implementing plans to support donor management and stewardship strategies.
- Cultivating and soliciting current and prospective major gift donors through tailored stewardship programs.
- Meeting face-to-face with current and potential donors to discuss giving interests and opportunities.
- Directing the activities of a group of staff-appointed employees all performing a similar function.
- Bachelor's Degree or acceptable combination of equivalent experience. Additional relevant post graduate education in fundraising, public relations, marketing, sales, leadership training and/or coaching is preferred. Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) preferred.
- Six to seven years experience fundraising experience, which includes at least three years of highly successful experience with senior volunteers.
- Five to seven years demonstrated experience managing and leading teams (4-6 staff).
- Experience with annual giving, leadership giving, communications and/or alumni relations.
- Excellent communication (oral, written and presentation) skills; strong academic skills, including the ability to understand the work of Rotman's Centres and Institutes and the need for business education.
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills, including the ability to represent the university with senior-level volunteers and donors.
- Ability to identify areas of common interest and to articulate a compelling case for the Rotman School of Management.
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and a meticulous approach to work in order to maintain accountability for a complex system.
- Exceptional dedication to pursuing leadership development opportunities.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Goal oriented
- Team player
Applications should include a cover letter and current resume.
Applications will only be accepted through the University of Toronto Career website via the following link: https://career17.sapsf.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=1305&company=universi05P4