Posted On: 2021-02-02
Closing On: 2021-03-02
Location: Richmond Hill, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
With the mission ‘We inspire inspirational gifts’, Mackenzie Health Foundation has raised more than $182 million for capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. The Foundation is spearheading a $250-million fundraising campaign – the largest to date for a community hospital in Canada – to advance patient care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and raise the community portion of funding to build and equip the future state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital. The Foundation supports Mackenzie Health’s vision and mission to create a world-class health experience and to relentlessly improve care to create healthier communities. As we work toward achieving our exciting mandate, we are seeking to grow our inspired team with a full-time Director, Operations.
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Director, Operations provides leadership and direction pertaining to the foundation’s administration including finance, office and database management, human resources, and governance. The Director, Operations works closely with the President and CEO to ensure that the Foundation’s strategic priorities and goals are met. This includes providing leadership on business planning, operational and governance matters, risk management, and supporting the Board and its related Committees.
Contribute to the Foundation by:
- Facilitate and oversees support for the coordination of the work of the Board and all Board committees.
- Ensures the effective disposition of issues prior to, during and after meetings, working closely with the Board and Committee Chairs, CEO, and others.
- Manages the procurement and ongoing maintenance of all technology including computer systems, CRM database, financial tracking, digital recognition and online payment processing.
- Drafts gift agreements templates; reviews all gift agreements and gift contracts.
- Monitors and reviews all contracts and ensures CEO is briefed.
- Development and maintenance of operational policies and procedures.
- Principal contact for external legal counsel.
- Ensures corporate compliance functions consistent with best practice, policies and procedures, legislation and statutory/regulatory compliance, including privacy.
- Develops, implements and evaluates a risk management program that identifies areas of potential risk, determines acceptable levels of risk, and makes recommendations to management/staff.
- Demonstrates leadership competencies consistent with position level (refer to Appendix).
What must you have?
- University degree from a recognized university or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in a leadership role with fiscal responsibility and budget preparation in a large complex organization, preferably in a charitable foundation setting.
What else do you bring?
- Strong knowledge of and general familiarity with legislation relevant to healthcare, hospitals, contracts and human resources.
- Knowledge and experience with current not-for-profit governance.
- Strong forecast, analysis and budgeting experience; strong intellectual capabilities with first-rate analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of and experience working in the fundraising sector. CFRE an asset.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), The Raiser’s Edge (or equivalent), QuickBooks (or equivalent).
- Must have access to a car and must possess a valid driver's license.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health Foundation’s Code of Conduct.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health Foundation– Excellence, Leadership and Integrity.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Interested candidates please apply online.
*You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health