Posted On: 2021-02-04
Closing On: 2021-02-23
Location: Remote from home in Canada (National office is based in Montreal)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position: Development Coordinator, Annual Program
Location: Remote from home in Canada
Experience: Min 2 years
Reports to: Manager, Annual Program
Start Date: As soon as possible
About Trans Canada Trail
The Great Trail of Canada, created by Trans Canada Trail, is the longest network of multi-use recreational trails in the world. It is used by millions of Canadians and international visitors to experience our country’s legendary wilderness, cycle historic rail trails, explore provincial and territorial capitals, canoe the routes of early explorers, visit national and provincial parks and historic sites, commute to and from work, and enjoy the benefits of safe, healthy, active living.
Trans Canada Trail is a not-for-profit organization responsible for facilitating the planning and development of The Great Trail, working closely with provincial and territorial partners, local trail groups and municipalities, raising funds for local and national trail initiatives, and marketing and promotion of the Trail.
Fantastic opportunity to work at Canada’s best non-profit – as voted by the Canadian Museum of Nature in 2019! The Development Coordinator plays a key role in the coordination, implementation, and execution of all annual program fundraising programs and donor development activities required to support the achievement of annual revenue goals and the long-term growth of the Annual Program.
The Annual Program fundraising portfolio includes direct mail, monthly giving, tributes, 3rd party, telemarketing campaigns, acquisition and mid-level donor program.
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Two years of directly related experience in a Development environment
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills; able to effectively manage competing priorities and remain focused to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in applicable computer programs, donor databases and social media platforms such as Raiser’s Edge, MailChimp, Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer
- Demonstrated sound judgement & problem solving skills; able to be proactive in identifying issues and opportunities
- Detail and results oriented
- Good knowledge of analytics and reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly personable, with a strong donor service orientation
- Able to work effectively independently, with low level of day-to-day supervision
How to apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and in confidence to: email@example.com
Application deadline: Tuesday, February 23 2021
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest in working at the Trans Canada Trail!