Posted On: 2021-02-12
Closing On: 2021-02-26
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Do you see yourself at a hospital foundation that has been at the forefront of raising funds to tackle the pandemic and continually excels at providing resources to care for generations of families? Do you thrive in a setting where the Next Normal is embraced not feared and where innovation, problem solving, determination, compassion and commitment frame your day to day activities? Are you a resilient, self-starter who thrives equally well in a work from home setting as you do in a traditional, team office environment?
Do you want to work for a foundation that has a strong, collegial, respectful, and special bond with its hospital staff, clinical leaders, physicians and board of governors? Do you see yourself aligned with one of the Top 5 hospitals in Canada (Newsweek magazine) that is universally respected and admired for its health care leadership, culture, and patient care? Do you want to contribute to the health and well being of over half a million people?
If you can imagine yourself working together to make a world of difference in the community, then North York General Foundation may be the place for you.
About North York General Foundation
Constantly redefining what it means to be a ‘community hospital’, our partner, North York General is a multi-site acute, ambulatory and long term care network for our diverse community, an incubator for applied research, an innovation spring board in the health care landscape and a destination for philanthropy. Supported by an outstanding board of governors, North York General Foundation is strategically expanding the team in philanthropy, events, communications, business intelligence and donor analytics in pursuit of new ways to reach our community, demonstrate impact and raise funds for an incredible Hospital.
As we wrap up our $180 M ‘Campaign for North York General’, we are relentless in our quest to secure revenue for additional strategic campaigns as we ready ourselves for a $1B capital expansion. We are driving towards the future, building our brand, and investing in volunteer leadership and staff who are prepared to change the face of fundraising in community hospitals.
We are seeking a Philanthropy Associate, a person with the desire to work in an important, health care philanthropy role supporting the fundraising and executive affairs of the Vice President, Philanthropy & Strategy and the administrative needs of the Director, Corporate & Major Gifts. An independent, motivated person, the Philanthropy Associate is equally comfortable interacting with members of the Foundation team as with the hospital front line staff, clinical leadership, volunteer leadership, and the donor community.
We are looking for someone who can take the lead in managing the executive affairs of the VP including board committee work, and communication needs, while also managing sales/donor pipeline activity, prospect coordination, and supporting all activities related to VP and Director’s fundraising. This position is the administrative focal point for the revenue activity of the VP and Director.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibility for coordinating all preparatory meeting materials including writing complex briefing notes and customizing donor profiles for VP, Director, and leadership volunteers;
- The ability to draft customized correspondence for the VP and Director (cultivation, stewardship, solicitation);
- Coordinating and managing communications needs with marketing and communications such as proposals, remarks, and other fundraising collateral material;
- Administrative lead for prospect strategy and revenue-generating meetings; including meeting scheduling, minutes, and action reporting;
- Proficiency in a customer relationship management system (CRM) or demonstrated ability to learn software tools quickly to perform accurate coding including updates and imports;
- Support the VP and Director’s donor activity through the sales cycle;
- Staff support for the Communications & Development Committee of the Board (scheduling, agenda, meeting package, minutes);
- Calendar support including booking donor, hospital, prospect, and volunteer meetings, as well as managing the scheduling of internal meetings with foundation and hospital staff;
- Philanthropy Team liaison for donor engagement with donor relations staff;
- Support as necessary for special projects and donor/special events or tours;
- Back up support for front reception and donor line, as needed; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated superior written and verbal communications skills with the ability to produce a variety of material;
- Grammar and spelling beyond reproach;
- Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Publisher, and Adobe) to produce high quality, brand compliant materials;
- Ability to learn data entry, tracking and reporting to support revenue generation;
- Strong administrative, analytical, and organizational skills;
- Advanced interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and take initiative;
- Self-motivated, creative, and dedicated to the philanthropic sector; and
- Commitment to the privacy of our patients and donors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Post secondary degree;
- 3-5+ years administrative, customer or account management experience.
- Raisers Edge, Sales Force or similar CRM;
- Experience in the fundraising sector;
- Preference for university degree.
HOW TO APPLY
North York General Foundation recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
We offer a competitive, comprehensive compensation/benefits package, a flexible working environment, and an opportunity to grow with an organization that is the employer of choice in the not-for-profit sector.
To apply for this role please forward your CV and Cover Letter to FoundationCareers@nygh.on.ca by February 26th, 2021. Please reference Philanthropy Associate in the subject line and you will be contacted if we feel there is a great fit.